Chapter 2

Aurora

"Aurora?" I heard a soft voice call for me, I groaned and pushed my face more into the warm thing under me...my pillow.

"Aurora wake up, you're gonna be late" my mom said more sternly making me get up without thinking twice, she was standing by the door with a coffee cup in her hand.

My mother is a goddess and now I realize why everyone at school used to always ask me about her, if she was going to attend parent teacher conferences. She never looks bad, ever! Even if she's in her pjs she looks stunning. I think it's the effect of being a vampire.

"Daisy has already left with Max, she said they had early morning practice. You should hurry up too and g-"

"Ug-" I was about to groan again but my hand quickly flew to my mouth to shut myself up, my mom was waiting for me to finish that groan with a raised eyebrow. I smiled innocently and quickly got up to give her a hug.

"Good morning my favorite mother" I mumbled and wrapped my arms around her.

"I heard that!" I heard my momma say from downstairs, my mom brushed my black hair out of my face and kissed my cheek then smiled softly at me.

"I know I am" she whispered,

"I heard that too!"  My momma said again making both of us chuckle,

"Don't be late, I don't need another call from your principal. She secretly has a crush on Vivienne and I don't like that" my mom walked out of my room and I shut the door so I can start getting ready, sometimes I dress fem, skirts and crop tops, but most of the time I'm just an old version of Lola, hoodies and sweats.

Now she's a completely different person, she has to wear suits to work, she hates it but what can she do? Did I mention that she teaches at our school too? But not full time since she's a university professor as well, she only teaches senior art class here.

"Your aunts are coming for dinner tonight, make sure to show up this time." My mom said as soon as I walked in the kitchen, I fought the urge to sigh loudly because I respect my mom and I'm also scared of her.

"I told you mom, I didn't mean to oversleep." I defended myself, I felt a hand on my back and I smiled softly knowing it was my momma. I was taller than her now and it was so cute.

I still remember when I used to look up at her but now I was a 6'0 woman, blame Lilith for that. Having royal vampire blood has its pros and cons, but at least it makes you look powerful.

"Good morning sweetie" she kissed my cheek, and handed me my water bottle. Well, it didn't contain water, it had fresh blood so I can feel more alive and energized.

"Have a good day at school" she still acts like I'm going to kindergarten, asking my mom to pack my lunch and hand me my bag and watch me get in my car. She's so cute.

"Bye! Love you!" I grabbed my keys and waved at both of them and left the house.

We moved out a long time ago, when I was 12 because my mom didn't feel like stayed in that city anymore she still has people working for her over there but she said she'd rather stay safe than get our covers blown. I mean she still looks the same as she did 20 years ago.

-

School wasn't far but it wasn't close either but our house was deep in the forest a few miles out of the city because my mom loves nature and she loves her property, she keeps it healthy watered and clean and we also get to move around the place with full speed without having to worry about anyone seeing us.

"Aurora!" I heard someone call me as soon as I stepped foot outside my car, I closed my eyes and readied myself for what's about to happen. I felt a body slam against mine and the scent of coffee and chocolate filled my nose. I pulled away from the hug and smiled softly at the girl.

"Hello Raven" she was a short brunette from my class, we used to hangout after class for our school projects and we became friends, she was a nice girl she just didn't know what privacy meant or personal space.

"Walking to class?" I asked trying to start a conversation since the girl was just staring at me with a smile, she nodded and put her arm around mine and pulled me inside the building.

"How was your weekend? How was Trevor? Did you guys do it?" Raven started with the usual question, I chuckled and pulled her closed to my side. She was so silly, and cute with no thoughts behind her eyes.

"No Raven, Trevor and I are just friends, he only came to my house to play videogames." People around school didn't talk to her because she was too friendly it almost seemed fake, she also comes from a middle class family and the students were starting to bully and shame her for it.

"That's unfortunate, he's cute and he tells everyone he likes you" I rolled my eyes at that as we kept walking towards our class, everyone was eyeing us like they usually do. I'm dressed like a homeless and Raven is clinging to my side. I'll protect this girl with my life, she was an innocent soul and everyone wanted to take advantage of that but I won't let that happen.

"Raven? Have you seen Daisy?" I asked, we both sat down in our seats and waited for the classroom to fill up with students.

"She's still with Max in the rink, they have a competition in a few months where they have to compete against other schools and the winner qualifies for world schools championship" Raven explained, how does she know everything about everyone and everywhere. She has information about everybody in this school.

"How do you know that and I don't?" I asked confused, our conversation was interrupted by Daisy barging inside the room looking angry. I'm sure it has something to do with Max, her cheeks were red and so were her eyes.

"Are you okay?" I leaned forward to reach her seat, she quickly wiped her cheeks from the falling tears and nodded.

"Do you wanna talk about it after class?" I asked again and she only nodded, I sighed and leaned back on my chair giving Raven a worried look that she mirrored.

As soon as class ended, I grabbed Daisy's wrist and pulled her to the private garden we hand in our school.

"What happened?" We sat on one of the marble benches, with her hands in mine. Daisy sighed softly and wiped her cheeks again.

"It's just...practice with Max has been frustrating lately. He almost dropped me today while doing a lift" she started,

"I'm sure he didn't mean that Daisy, m-"

"then with the death spiral he accidentally let go of my hands and I went sliding and hit the side wall of the rink, like imagine if I was human Rory? I would've been seriously injurd" she huffed in frustration, things like this happen during practice, I think.

"It almost feels like he doesn't care about this anymore like I do" she whispered and leaned her head on my shoulder, I patted her hands gently but didn't say anything.

Even though I don't like Max I'm pretty sure he won't do this on purpose, she's his skating partner and from what I know you have to protect her during performance so he has to he very careful. I'm gonna get Lola to talk to him, because if I do I'm sending him to the ER.

*********************************************
Here's another one! I hope you liked it.

Muah

-S