Chapter 29

Aurora

My mother is not fuckin dead. She can't be, I don't believe it...

"Aurora" I heard Daisy call me, I sat down on the couch next to my aunt with my hands on face. Every scenario was going through my head, why would my mother let that happen? Why would she let them hurt her? Take her away?

"It's all because of that damn pup" I mumbled, I felt Lola stand up straight.

"What did you say?" I stood up and turned to look at her, she was staring at me with a hard glare.

"I said..it's because of that fuckin mutt you brought home" Lola took a step forward to stand in my face but aunt was quick to put herself between us.

"If you gave them that stupid girl, we wouldn't be here, we wouldn't have lost my mother!" I couldn't control myself anymore, I could see Lola shaking in anger. Her hands were in tight fists, her fangs halfway out and eyes closed shut, she was ready to fight me.

"Aurora, don't say that. It was your mom's decision. Don't blame Lola or the pup for this" my aunt said, Daisy went to her sister and gently grabbed her arm and pulled her back a few steps away before she blows up and tries to get to me.

"How are we going to tell my momma now? Huh?! Do you know? Because if you do please enlighten me" I said directing my words towards Lola, not once looking at my aunt, I can't speak to aunt Dal like this because she'll skin me alive.

"I need you to calm down Aurora, you will not be fighting Lola. So don't provoke the girl when it's not even her fault" my aunt warned, I felt a hand on my shoulder and someone slowly pull me away from everyone. V wrapped her hand around my arm and pulled me out of the room.

"I'm so furious Verena, they could've just given that pup and my mom would've been okay?" I paced back and forth with a million thoughts in my head, if there's no body I won't believe that my mom is dead. Until I see one, she's still out there..

"But like your aunt said, it was your mom's decision to save the wolf pup." V said and leaned on one of the trees they had in the backyard.

"Verena, my mother is everything I have but not because I'm her daughter, my mother is EVERYTHING for a lot of us. We can not survive without her, she made everyone who they really are..." Our people are very loyal to my mother, she saved most of them and provided for them, gave them jobs, and places to stay, she took care of the newborns until they were ready to be on their own.

"..I'm afraid if she's really gone, a war will break out and nobody is ready for it. Because they will...kill every single one of you" Verena sighed but didn't say anything, she just looked at me with a hard look like she was thinking about something.

"Let's hope she's okay then..also, about your girlfriend, I see you guys have finally spoken" V tried to change the subject to try and ease my mind, my eyes scanned the house where Daisy is from afar. I felt a hand on my arm and my attention shifted to V.

"She told me that what I'm feeling is wrong, and that we're family...I- I don't know if I can do this anymore, I shouldn't think about myself when my mother is missing...maybe after I get my closure I might try and speak with her again." My body hated being away from Daisy, it made me sick, in all types and forms, mentally and physically. Walking away from her makes want to shut down completely, her perfume gives me life, her eyes make me feel alive even though nothing about my kind screams life.

"Aurora, you shouldn't do that..if you really want her you should talk to her and fight for her and understand her...not just turn cold and hateful." V explained with a soft smile but I shook my head no, I'm not going to do that weak shit again, running after someone, begging them for attention, where did that lead me?

"If she wants me, she knows where to find me.." I walked away from my friend and went in the house, my aunt was brushing her hand on Daisy's hair with a smile as for Lola, she was sitting on the couch with her head down and a thoughtful look.

"I'm leaving" I said to my aunt, she was a bit weirded out by my behavior but she didn't say anything instead she nodded.

"Lola and Sam have decided to take the pup and leave, to stay away from the public eye until things calm down..." I was surprised that my sister would agree to leave and not contact us but if my aunt agrees, then she knows it's for the best.

We've been taught since we were kids that if anything happens to my mother, Aunt Dal will take over until I'm ready to rule. Since Sam didn't want that job, she said it was too much for her to handle and that leaves me. Even though I still believe my mom is still alive, and I will keep thinking that until I see her dead body.

"Wait for me in the car, I'm gonna speak with Matthew" my aunt said and I nodded then made my way to the door, hearing multiple people following after me to the car.

"I'll see you in school?" V asked and I shook my head no, she wrapped her arms around me in a hug and I sighed hugging her back.

"We have to wait for my aunt's decision now, she either raids that pack to look for my mother or we just accept the fall of our queen.." Daisy got in the car followed by Lola, V and I looked at the pack house and my aunt was shaking hands with Matthew.

"And knowing my aunt she'll go through hell, killing anything and anyone who had a hand in my mom's 'killing'. So Verena, no I will not be attending school because my aunt is about to cause the extinction of your kind" I finished my sentence just as my aunt reached us,

"I'll leave the good ones alive...maybe" she said calmly and got in the car, leaving me and Verena with chills. The way she says things so calmly and coldly is gut wrenching, you'd think she's threatening to kill you and your bloodline.

"Bye V" I didn't wait for Verena to reply and got in the passenger seat next to my aunt, she was texting someone on her phone while driving with the other hand. (Don't text and drive)

"When we get home, don't mention anything to your mom. I'll talk to her." My aunt order, I knew she was talking to me so I agreed and kept my mouth shut, everyone seemed to be deep in their thoughts that the tension in the car started to feel so suffocating.

-

We walked in the house and Sam quickly jumped on Lola giving her a tight hug, my sister was so worried touching on Lola's face and arms to see if she was hurt. I looked away from them and watched aunt Dal pull my momma into a different room.

"Aurora?" My sister came to me and gently touched my cheek before hugging me as well, the gentleness in her touch was making me jump into our reality, realizing what's really going on. I sobbed in her shoulder and she just shushed me and caressed my back and head to calm me down.

"No! No Dalida! She's not dead!" We heard my momma yell at my aunt in the other room, Sam pulled away from the hug looking confused.

"What's...going on? Who's...who are they talking about?" I can hear the fear in my sister's voice, so shaky and weak like she already knew the answer to her own question.

"...m-mom?" She whispered her eyes now also filled with tears threatening to fall. I didn't want to confirm it, or accept the thought so I just stayed quiet. The horrible news hit my sister too hard, I could tell she wasn't feeling well and she might fall any moment but before I could get her Lola beat me to it and wrapped her arms around Sam's waist.

"Let's go sit down baby.." she whispered and slowly guided my sister to the couch, that left me and Daisy standing in the middle of the living room. I glanced at her for a moment and she was already looking at me so I quickly looked away and went to my room.

******************************************
Hello everyone!

I have something...that you might like..

Muah

-S