Chapter 24

Lilith

Dalida walked into my office with files in her hands, I've sent her to dig in and bring me information on that pack neighboring Matthew's.

"Did you find anything?" She nodded and handed me the documents, she sat down on the chair in front of me and sighed.

"You're not gonna like what I found" I opened the first file and it had picture of a man, his identification and information about where he's from and what he does.

"Douglas?"

"Douglas Murphy, pack leader. He's a 53 year old man in human age, founder of that pack, this man is not okay in the head Lilith, he was kicked out of his original pack for cruelty towards lower rank wolves" she explained, I read through his file until I reached the bottom of the paper where it had a highlighted paragraph.

"He's a doctor?" I said in surprise, he was caught doing surgeries on new born pups and 99% of the patients died under unknown circumstances. That made me think about the pup Lola found, she could be that 1% who survived that's why he's looking for her.

"Do you know why he's doing all this shit?" I looked up at my cousin for a moment before looking back at the file.

"Well, from what I heard he's trying to disable freewill from them, he wants them to submit to him but I think there's more to the story" I nodded and flipped to the next page, my eyes widened in surprise when I saw a picture of the gray pup Lola found next to it another picture of her in human form.

"Rose Rockford" that last name is very familiar but I can't quite remember where I heard it.

"Oh yes, about that puppy Lola found. She's been experimented on, apparently she got away on the night they were supposed to finish the surgery or..." How can a baby run away, or leave a pack territory without getting caught unless..

"...someone helped her get away" Dalida finished, which only means someone in that pack is against their leader. We have to find this person, if our suspicions are correct they could tell us what we need to know.

"Find me anyone with the same last name as the pup, anyone who could be related to her or at least knows who she is" I ordered, Dalida nodded and stood up leaving my office. I stared at the pup's picture, she wasn't even old enough to feed herself and they're using her as a lab rat.

I grabbed my purse and coat and left the office, I asked my assistant to cancel all the meetings for tomorrow before exiting the building.

My driver opened the car door for me before going to his side to drive me home. I dialed Matthew's number and he answered after a few rings.

"Matthew, did you find anything on those guys?" I asked,

"We caught one of them sneaking around our border, he doesn't want to say anything, we tried everything but he won't speak" I heard him say, I sighed and gently scratched my eyebrow thinking of what we could do with him.

"Lilith, just give them the pup. It's none of our business, the-"

"That's not an option Matthew, I'm not giving that girl to anybody. They're using her for their cruel experiments"

"If you're going to start a war, I want to be out of it. I'll ask someone to bring the guy to you tonight" he hang up before I could answer him, this man is so hardheaded but I understand where he's coming from he doesn't want his people to get hurt or die in a war they have nothing to do with.

-

"Lilith?" I heard Lola call as soon as I walked in the house, I walked further to find her sitting on the carpet playing with the pup.