Chapter 5

Aurora

The next day at school Raven, Daisy and I went together to class. Max has been giving us a guilty look since we got here and it's been bothering me because I had a feeling he was going to come running back to Daisy.

"He's so annoying" Raven mumbled, and I couldn't agree more.

"Oh hi Trevor" I heard Raven say which made me look away from Max, Trevor was standing next to my table with a smile on his face. I closed my eyes and sighed.

"Good morning Aurora" he only greeted me, I smiled and nodded. If there's anyone who annoys me more than Max it would be Trevor. This guy does not see the stop signs, the fences, the walls I built around me, he does not understand that I really don't like him that way.

"There's this party at my place, and I wanna personally invite you" he pulled a chair and sat down in front of me, way too close to my liking.

"We literally just started school Trevor" Raven said, but he didn't bother looking at her.

"So?"

"I'm not sure Trevor, I have practice I'm gonna be tired" Trevor wasn't a bad guy, but he was just too...I don't know, clingy?

"Come on Aurora, it's gonna be fun." He put his hand on my leg making this even more awkward, I looked at Daisy and she wasn't even looking at the situation which kind of made me a little sad. She doesn't care that I'm currently getting hit on by a guy. She never cared or showed any interest in the people I dated before.

"You wanna know what Trevor? I think it's a good idea" my answer seemed to catch Daisy attention, she gave me a confused look since she knew I'm not the type to go to parties.

"Really?" Trevor asked in surprise, I patted his hand and then pushed it away from my leg then nodded my head yes.

"But I can bring whoever I want to the party" Trevor's smile grew wider and he stood up from his seat looking accomplished, he turned and walked away making his way to his seat since the teacher just arrived.

"So you like parties now?" Daisy mumbled and since I had really good hearing I caught it, but I didn't bother answering her and focused with what our teacher was saying.

Before we knew it, our school day was already ending. Well, I still had practice and Raven decided to tag along.

"Alright everyone, let's warm up first to avoid injuries then I'll explain today's practice" Coach Carlson clapped, everyone was skating around the rink back and forth moving our arms and shoulders with the help of our sticks.

Raven and Daisy were sitting on the bleachers watching us, they'd talk from time to time, well Raven was and Daisy was just staring at me with a thoughtful look.

"Okay! Rookie you try and guard Jasey don't let her run past you"

Jasey was fast, and she had great balance and control, she'd change directions unexpectedly but I had to keep up with her.

I never thought practice could be this fun, I could push and tackle anyone I wanted and I liked that, everyone seemed to be having fun including me.

By the end of practice everyone was exhausted, they were panting and breathing heavily except me and Jasey. From the corner of my eyes I could see Daisy talking to someone, and that someone being Max.

What is he doing here?

I decided to eavesdrop.

"I'm sorry for not giving you an explanation Daisy, can you forgive me? I promise I'll do better" I felt my blood boil, I was so mad, how dare he come back and ask for forgiveness when he clearly left her without second thoughts.