Chapter 34

Dalida

"Aunt Dal?!" My niece called my name, she had a silver chain in her hand, I smiled and pointed to Doug. She wrapped it around him and he winced at the silver touching his body.

"When our queen awakes, she'll know what to do with you" I tapped his cheek before pushing him towards my men. I turned around to face the little guy with a lab coat.

"Get her out, now" he immediately started pushing some buttons on the table and the tube opened pouring all the liquid out and Lilith as well.

"Take that shit off" I said to the worker while pointing to his lab coat, I wrapped Lilith in the coat to cover her naked body from everyone's sight. I could hear the blood running through her veins but it was going so slow, it wasn't normal.

"She's alive" I whispered to myself, the wound on her stomach was closed but it didn't look like it healed fully.

"We need to get her to Vivienne, immediately" I quickly picked her and headed to the door, Vivienne's blood will definitely heal her wounds. It'll take her a while to recover but I'm very sure she'll be fine, she'll go back to being the strong Lilith we all know.

Just as we reached the car she rolled away from my arms and fell down to the ground throwing up everything she had in her stomach, which was nothing but water.

"Lilith?" I kneeled down next to her and pulled her hair out of the way, Aurora did the same as me only she was rubbing her mother's back in a caring way.

"Get..the pups...out"

"But Lilith you're..."

"Now" she demanded, I stood up and helped her in the car first. I handed the keys to Aurora and tapped her shoulder before running back into the pack, the main house where I found Lilith was on fire with the wolf pups still inside.

I sighed and went inside, it was just fire and it wasn't going to harm me, as for the wolves it will roast them alive.

I unlocked every cell getting the pups out of the building handful by handful, until there were none left. How am I going to take them all somewhere safe?

"Hey you!" I pointed to a couple of wolves running around trying to put the fire out,

"Come here!" They gave me a look then looked at each other in confusion but when they noticed the pups all tangled against each other in fear they quickly made their way to me.

"They need help, take them somewhere safe" that's all I can do to help, I yelled for my men to retreat pulling all of them out of the pack territory and I made sure none of them was left behind, they got in the cars and we drove away from there.

It didn't take long for me to reach Lilith's house, I made my way to the master bedroom to find Lilith laying there and Vivienne beside her holding her hand.

"I had a feeling she was alive" Vivienne whispered softly and kissed Lilith's palm, I was glad she was okay but I was still broken from the loss of my little boy. Vivienne got Lilith back, Lola's pup survived, Douglas was captured but I wasn't gonna get my little boy back.

"I'm sorry Dalida, for everything that happened" I heard Vivienne say, I nodded and walked out of the room head down feeling like I'm carrying tons of weights on my shoulders and a heavy feeling in my chest, I felt arms wrap around my stomach and I looked down at the scarred arms that belong to Aurora.

"Hey Rory" I said with a loud sigh, I quickly wiped my tears and turned to look at my niece. She smiled at me but I couldn't smile back, I didn't have the energy. She didn't say anything she hugged me tightly and I took deep breath trying to hold myself from breaking down.

"I'll..be fine" I kissed her head and pulled away from the embrace,

"Aurora I need you to be strong, don't let anyone ever get into your head, don't let anything get between you and what you want..." I didn't know why I was telling her this, but I had a feeling I wasn't going to be there for her anymore, I needed some time away from all this, some time away from the pain.

"Aunt Dal, what are you saying?" She asked me a bit confused, I put my hands on her cheeks and gave her a reassuring smile.

"I'll always be there for you kid, in here" I pointed to her chest, I watched as her brown eyes started to water.

"W-what?"

"I love you, kiddo. Be good, and take care of your moms for me, okay?" I kissed her forehead and gently patted her head, I couldn't look at her anymore I was feeling the tears threatening to fall and I had to leave before I fall apart.

"I love you too..." I heard her whisper just as I was leaving the house, I took a deep breath and stared at the beautiful sky, the morning was almost here and the sun was only a few hours from rising. It would've been a great day for a family picnic but...oh well..

***

Verena

I woke up to the smell of musk and sandalwood  all over my surroundings, on the mattress I was laying on, on my clothes, in my hair, I was bathing in this intoxicating perfume.

I blinked a few times before slowly opening my eyes, every part of my body was aching and sore like I've been hit by a truck, or worse, multiple angry vampires.

I groaned and tried to sit up but the pain on my side didn't help, I inhaled sharply before slowly sitting up to look around the unfamiliar room, it looked like it was someone's bedroom, the walls were an old navy color and the curtains were somewhat gray the colors matched perfectly.

"Well aren't you a cute puppy" I heard a dark raspy voice that belonged to a woman say, my head swung so fast towards the door and the woman from my dreams was leaning on the doorframe.

And by woman from my dreams I mean, I dreamed of her helping me bathe, helping me put clean clothes on, and right now, in this moment I don't think that any of these things that I listed were a dream.

"You're staring, sweetheart" I gulped and watched her slowly make her way to me, light brown hair moving side to side with each step she made, my wolf was pacing around my head screaming one word I wasn't ready to hear.

"Mate"

I pushed myself back further into the headboard to try and get away from her but I was wounded, trapped and intimidated.

"Awn don't run away from me, I'm here to help. So tell me, are you hungry?" she had an accent, a french accent and it suited her so well to the point that I couldn't focus on what she was saying.

"Are you going to speak or do you need me to get the words out of you?" She asked and sat on the edge of the bed, my heart was slamming so hard against my chest that for a moment I thought it was going to stop once and for all.

"Y-yes" I said in barely a whisper, I saw her pink lips form into a smirk and she leaned closer to my face making my heart skip a beat, I slowly breathed in trying to look as composed as I could but I was only hit with the same scent, same perfume, her perfume.

She stood up and pulled the covers off of me, before making her way to the door. When she noticed I wasn't following after her, she stopped and turned to look at me.

Then...this woman whistled at me..

She whistled for me to come to her and for some reason my wolf did it without hesitation, I found myself getting off the bed forgetting about the pain and unconsciously going to her, until we were about a foot away from each other. She's a little taller than me...

"Good puppy..." She said with a smirk, now I swear if I was in wolf form my tail would be wagging so fast. She put her long pretty fingers under my chin and pulled my face a bit closer to hers.

"...I quite literally didn't have to say anything...such a good puppy"

I think I'm in love...

******************************************
Helloo my friends! How are you?!

Muah

-S