Chapter 30

Dalida

"Make sure the news does not spread anymore, delete every title, every newspaper, every single word written about Lilith's death..." I ordered the men, it's been a week since Lilith is gone and the media have been asking questions. I've tried to calm everyone down until I figure out a plan, but the vampires love their queen and they want to know how she's doing. And when the media started spreading news about Lilith's passing, our people started to go crazy.

"Ma'am.." one of the guys who work for me said while staring at the tablet in his hands. He came closer and handed it to me, I stared at the article with a frown.

"5 dead in a mysterious incident?" I read through the article quickly and the five bodies who were found were definitely wolves, I recognized that territory from the pictures as for the way they were killed, a huge chomp out of their neck was missing. The vampires are killing lone wolves and humans with mercy.

My phone started ringing again, I looked at the ID and it was Nina calling me for the fifth time in two minutes. But I couldn't answer her, I had to finish the meeting first.

"Tell Matthew to keep his border well guarded" these vampires don't know about our alliance with Matthew's pack and they don't care even if they did, because they kill everyone that has a beating heart.

I grabbed my coat and left the casino to go home to my wife and my kid, I haven't seen them lately I've been too busy with figuring out what to do that I wasn't giving them attention.

"Hi sweetheart" I said to Nina when I walked in the kitchen she was making something but for some odd reason it smelled like it was burning but I didn't question her, she knows what she's doing. I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her neck. She didn't say anything, she was so stiff, she wasn't doing anything, just standing there looking at the counter.

"What's wrong?" I asked, still no reply. I turned off the stove and grabbed the knife she was using from her hand and put it in the sink, just in case she goes crazy and stabs me again. Good thing I'm a vampire.

"Nina my darling, what is it" I gently turned her to face me, her eyes were all red from crying and her shirt and face were stained in blood, blood that smelled too familiar.

"I- tried...I tried to save him Dal.."

"W-what? What are you talking about?" I blinked a couple of times and let go of Nina, I sprinted to my son's room and he was neatly tucked in his bed, I couldn't hear his human heart beating in his little chest.

"Adrian?" My seven year old didn't reply, I felt my legs start to fail me and I could barely reach the end of his bed before I dropped to my knees next to him, with shaky hands I touched his face and he was colder than ice.

"No no no...please..talk to me..please" I begged and took his little hand in mine, I put it to my lips and gently kissed it and softly blew on it trying to warm it.

"When he came back from school he was all bloody, he was holding his neck. They bit him Dal, then left him to bleed out. The driver was dead in the front seat and Adrian barely made it to the front before collapsing. I could smell his blood from his so I ran to him...."

"..I tried, I tried Dalida...I- I pumped my blood in him but he has already lost most of his" Nina was sobbing as she tried to explain to me what happened to our baby, he was just a kid, a little boy..

I could smell those..mutts all over him, all over his innocent body. I was delaying this war, I was trying stop my people from killing those wolves for the sake of Lilith, for the sake of the innocent lives who'll be lost...but this is where my mercy ends.