Chapter 36

Lola

I paced around the house we were staying at thinking if I should go back to see what's happening with Dalida and the werewolves. When we were leaving the city our radio got hacked and we heard her speech, she was going to kill them all and it worried me, the consequences were going to be fatal.

"Baby?" I heard Sam say then soon felt hands on my shoulders giving them a little squeeze, I sighed and relaxed a bit, I turned to face her pulling her hands to my lips.

"I'm just thinking about home" I said softly and smiled at her, I was worried about them but I was also worried about Daisy. She hasn't been herself since we got here two weeks ago, yes, two long weeks of mental torture.

"I'll go take Rose to the doctor, you know to get her hearing aids and I'll check how the everything is" I declared, Sam sighed and took a step back.

"If you go back, we all do Lola. Especially Daisy, she needs to talk to Aurora, she's been locked up in her room for days barely eating anything.." my sister has been avoiding both of us, I'm guessing she finally figured out her feelings but is too scared to admit them. I just hope Aurora hasn't moved on.

"Alright, we're not that far from the city anyways about and hour or so, I'll take the pup to the doctor and you both go to the house" she nodded and made her way to the bedroom, I sighed and went to get Rose. When she saw me enter her room she started clapping and giggling, I smiled softly and picked her up in my arms.

"Hi baby" I whispered, the pup grabbed a fistful of my hair and gently pulled on it then tried to put it in her mouth.

"Let's get you ready for the doctor's visit" I laid her on the bed, changing her from her lighting McQueen pj's, changed her diaper and cleaned her before putting a clean one, I dressed her in simple black sweats for babies, a shirt then added a hoodie on top.

"I can't believe you're dressing the baby like you" I heard Sam say from the door, I chuckled and picked rose up.

"See we're matching" I pointed to my black sweats and hoodie, I purposely got her clothes like mine so we can match whenever we leave the house. I kissed the baby's cheek and left the room.

"Daisy!" I called from downstairs, I heard her bedroom door open and slow footsteps making their way downstairs.

"I'm ready" she said without even looking at me, I sighed and watched her make her way to the door. My girlfriend followed her with a small bag in her hand, it had the necessities, like diapers and extra change of clothes for Rose.

"When we go to the hospital you take the car and go home, Rose and I will catch a cab later" Sam nodded and I focused back on the road, the drive back to the city was fast, everyone in the car was quiet unless Rose made some baby noises, as for my sister she had her headphones on and didn't say a word during the whole trip.

"Alright, I'll see you at the house baby. And if anything looks or feels weird you get out of there and call me, okay?" I said to my girlfriend, she leaned to give me a quick kiss through the open window before driving off.

"Now it's just me and you sweetheart" I whispered to the pup and walked inside the building, I waved to the receptionist and she smiled pointing to the door where the doctor will be.

"Dr Becker? It's Lola" I knocked and pushed the door open, the woman was doing some paperwork but when she saw me and the baby she smiled and stood up to greet us.

"Hi, Lola. How are you, and how's this cutie doing?" She took Rose from my arms and gave her a small kiss on the cheek, she sat her down on the hospital bed and I went to hold Rose to calm her down.

Dr Becker went to fetch the hearing aids for the pup, they were small and had this circle at the end of them. I stared at them confused because I didn't know how they worked.

"So, we put these in her ear.." she said and tried to put them in Rose's ear but the pup wasn't comfortable with it and tried to climb on me,

"It's okay mama, it's okay" I reassured and gently kissed her head, the doctor took the opportunity where Rose was holding on to me to put the hearing aids on.

"And this circular part, it goes on her head." She sticked it on the pup's head, the part on top of her ear.

"It's off now, but we can turn it on when you're ready?" I sat down and put Rose on my lap, I gently moved my legs up and down to distract her and calm her down and it was working.

"Okay, we're ready" I smiled, Dr Becker nodded and went to her laptop she pressed a couple of keys and I felt Rose freeze in my lap. Her heart was beating so fast, I've never heard it go at this speed, as fast as a hummingbird's wings.

"Rose?" I whispered and she quickly turned to look at me in confusion, I could see the confusion in her little eyes.

"Hi baby" I said again, her bottom lip started quivering like she was ready to start crying, the tears filled up in her eyes.

"You're okay sweetheart" I think all the sounds were overwhelming her because she tried to pull the hearing aids off of her, I grabbed her little arms and turned her to face me she leaned her head on my shoulder I stood up and paced around the room to calm the baby.

"She's just a bit overwhelmed, but she'll get used to them so quick" I nodded and rubbed Rose's back, she was sucking on her thumb and carefully listening to her surroundings. Her little heart jumping at any sudden sound.

"Should we take them off? Or do you wanna keep them on?" The doctor asked, I looked down at Rose and I could feel how scared she was, I sighed and slowly pulled them off of her ears. I felt her slowly relax and cuddle me closer, seeking comfort in me.

"It's too loud for her outside, maybe when we get home I'll put them on her again" Dr Becker nodded with a soft smile, she took the hearing aids and put them in a box then handed them to me.

"Thank you Doctor"

"You're welcome, say hi to Sam for me" she waved us goodbye and we left the office, I decided to walk a bit before catching a cab I looked down at Rose and she was touching her ears like she was looking for something.

"You want to put them on?" I asked curiously not expecting her to answer since she was still a baby and of course she was deaf. I took her to a park near us and sat down on the closest bench, it was quiet here and so much better than the loud streets. I took my time to put the hearing aids on her head then waited for a few seconds before turning them on.

Rose stared at me for a moment then looked up at the sky dumbfounded, we both listening to bird chirping and the ducks swimming and quacking. She wiggled her legs and I understood that she wanted to get down, so I gave her what she wanted and put her on her feet.

At home she could walk a few steps but most of the time she'd just crawl. As for now, she was running around me and giggling, she could hear the sound of her own steps and her giggles. I stood there and rose just ran in circles like an idiot.

I let her walk in front of me, and kept an eye on her so she doesn't go too far. She'd step on the dried leaves and hear them make the crunch sound then giggle softly.

"Your daughter is so cute" I heard a woman say, I looked at the middle aged woman and smiled, I said a quick thank you and followed after Rose before she falls on her face.

She saw a dog walk by and she stopped for a moment to look at it, she growled at the animal and was about to go after him.

"Nope, we're going home" I grabbed her by the back of her hoodie and picked her up, she kept growling at the dog and glaring at him while trying to wiggle herself out of my grip.

A little feral idiot she is...

*****************************************
Hello! I know I'm two days late but happy women's day, I love women, oh how I love being a woman.

Muah

-S