Chapter 19

Lola

As soon as the baby woke up the next morning Sam and I were ready to take her to the doctor. The guards have already brought her new clothes that fit her, diapers, food, everything she'll need.

"Are you ready mama?" I asked her and she wasn't even in the same world as me, she was chewing on her fingers with open eyes and no thoughts behind them.

"That means yes" I heard Sam say behind me, I chuckled and picked her up. The little girl looked up at me and I watched her face light up, she put her finger on my face and I pulled my head back, they were still soaked in her saliva. I wiped my cheek and her hands as well and we all made our way to the car.

Dalida took Margaret to her place last night, Lilith obviously went to work early, and so did Vivienne as for my sister in law, well she's still locked in her room.

"Do you think Aurora will be okay?" I asked my girlfriend, Sam sighed and took her seat while I buckled the baby in the backseat. She was against it but we can't drive in the city with a baby on the driver's lap.

"I don't know baby, she looked so heartbroken when she walked in. I guess she finally decided to confess and got rejected" confess? What? Aurora likes someone?

"Confess? To who?" I asked confused, Sam was staring at me in disbelief.

"What? I only pay attention to you, so I really have no idea what's going on around me" Sam rolled her eyes at my statement and put her seatbelt on so we can get going.

"Your sister Lola, Aurora is in love with your sister"

"..."

"But..I thought they were best friends?" I mean I won't lie sometimes I could see the way they looked at each other but I brushed it off because they've been friends since they were kids, I thought every person stared at their bestfriend that way.

"Yeah and? That doesn't say anything, they can love each other or in Aurora's case, I'm guessing a one sided love." Sam sighed and turned to look at the baby, a loving smile on her face. I looked at the pup from the rearview mirror and she was reaching her hand for Sam.

"Do you think they'll come get her?" I felt a bit bitter when I heard her ask, deep down I found myself attached to the little pup even though I've only found her a day or two ago. I couldn't think about her getting hurt but...she wasn't mine.

"Yes, sooner or later. That's why we shouldn't get attached too much, we keep her safe and when her people come looking for her we give her back" I didn't know if I was willing to go with this plan, she was just a baby, what if they hurt her? What if they lie about being her family?

"Lola..I don't know, I'm...I don't want her to go"

I didn't want her to go either...

-

"Hi Miss Falcon, nice to see you again" the nurse said to my girlfriend, she smiled at me and I just nodded. The pup was busy biting on my hoodie lace while Sam tried to explain to the nurse what's wrong with the baby.

"I see.., well I'm sure Dr Becker can help" she guided us towards the doctor's office, inside the room was a woman wearing a lab coat, she had long brown hair and glasses.

"Dr Becker"

"Sam! Hello darling, it's been a while" the woman stood up and came to greet my girlfriend. The doctor hugged Sam then turned to look at me, her eyes went a little wide when she saw the baby in my arms.

"Oh my god, is this your baby?!" She tried to take the pup away from me and I wasn't happy with that but Sam glared at me and nodded towards the doctor, I sighed and let go letting her take the baby from my arms.

"She's such a sweet girl, look at those cute cheeks" the doctor cooed, she sat her down on the hospital bed then started her check up.

Mobility test, eye test, everything was going great since the pup was reacting well to everything the doctor did, that's until she reached the hearing test.

"That's weird, she's a wolf pup they're supposed to have sensitive hearing" she snapped her fingers next to the baby's head but nope, no reaction. Dr Becker grabbed an ear scanner to check on the pups ear canals and that made the baby a bit uneasy, I could feel how scared she was. So I went next to her, holding her in place.

"Her ear drums look like they been damaged, this only happens if something was in her ear. You know for example when someone uses a key to clean their ears and they accidentally pop their ear drums" the doctor explained which made me think, did someone try to hurt the pup?

"She couldn't possibly hurt herself, since both ears are damaged but hearing aids would definitely help" the doctor scanned her ears, measuring them so she can make compatible hearing aids for the baby.

"She'll be fine, bring her back next week and her hearing aids will be ready." I picked the pup in my arms and she seemed to calm down, she was distressed and scared whenever the doctor tried to touch her ears, it that only meant someone purposely hurt the little girl. That made angered me, it upset me so much.

"Dr Becker? Do you think someone did this to her on purpose?" I found myself asking the doctor, she pursed her lips together with a sad look then nodded her head yes.

"I'm sure whoever did that to her wasn't only trying to damage her eardrums, the drums have a certain patten on them, like they were surgically removed. They were trying to get to her auditory nerve, and if they succeeded this girl would never hear again even if we give her hearing aids" The doctor's words only upset me more, how can someone do this to a child.

"From the test we did, she's a 7 months old baby but she's underweight and she's a bit underdeveloped for her age. Usually a 7 month old wolf pup is already strong, unlike the human babies who take more time to develop" the doctor sat down on her chair and started writing something on a piece of paper.

"Follow this diet, and make sure she constantly shifts into her wolf or it'll be harder for her to turn into it when she's older" Sam took the paper from her reading through it. We thanked the doctor and I left first letting Sam speak with Dr Becker.

"No one will ever hurt you again" I whispered to the little girl even though I knew she couldn't hear or understand me. She just stared up at me with a cute smile as if she felt me, she felt what I was trying to say.

"If I catch whoever did this to her, I'm gonna personally dismember them" Sam said angrily, I nodded and opened the back door so I can buckle the baby in.

"How can someone do this to her? Oh my god Lola, how cruel can they be?!" She slammed the door shut and sighed loudly, I didn't understand either, I didn't know how someone can have the heart to hurt a baby.

"We're not giving her to whoever comes to get her, do you hear me?" My girlfriend demanded, I nodded and started the car. Sam's phone started ringing and she answered it quickly.

"Hi mom, we just left the hospital" she said, I could hear Lilith on the other side of the phone asking how the baby was and if everything went alright.

"Can you believe someone surgically removed her ear drums? What the hell mom?! Who even does that! I'm not gonna let anyone touch her, I don't care what they say. This baby is gonna stay with us" Sam was furious, the other side of the phone went quiet for a moment before Lilith sighed and spoke again.

"Sam sweetie, we can't ke-"

"I already made my decision mom" Sam hang up on her mom, she hang up on Lilith.

"Did you just.." I said in surprise, Sam was staring back at me with the same shocked look.

"I didn't mean to do that" let's hope Lilith isn't in a bad mood when we go back to the house. She hates being disrespected and her daughter hanging up on her in the middle of a conversation is something she won't tolerate.

*******************************************
Hello everyone, sorry I haven't been updating lately I was a bit sick and didn't have the energy to write. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Have a good day!

Muah

-S