Chapter 26

Aurora

My aunt was driving the car angrily, and I never in my life felt sick until today. She was going on every speed bump making us jump up and slam our heads on the roof, running every speed limit, and she'd take turns with the same speed, without braking.

I noticed a speed bump getting closer and my aunt was nowhere near slowing down, I honestly was afraid one of was going to break her neck. The only good thing about this ride is that aunt Dal drove over the speed bump and Daisy wasn't wearing her seatbelt so she jumped off her seat and landed on my lap since I was the one sitting close to her.

"Are you okay?" I said against her neck, I put my hands on her hips and gently caressed them, I didn't mean anything by it I was just worried she might've hit her head too hard.

I could feel her full weight on my legs and even though this wasn't the right moment, this was doing some things to me. Her back pressed against my chest, her hair brushing on my face, her hands gripping my hands that were on her hips so hard. I gently picked her up off of my lap and pushed back in her seat.

"Are you alright Daisy?" I leaned closer to whisper in her ear so I don't worry my aunt or Lola, she quickly nodded and looked away opening the window completely avoiding me and my stares.

"Dalida? I think we have some company" I heard Lola say, I turned to look behind us and I noticed the same car who hit me the other day was following us. We all watched in horror as they hit our guards' car and it flipped to the side of the road.

"Listen to me, I know they have the antidote so we can not fight them. There's a turn about a mile away, and I need you to jump." my aunt said without looking at us, she kept driving.

"What?!" Lola and I said at the same time, we all looked at her like she was insane.

"We're not leaving you" Lola answered her sternly, my aunt looked at her for a moment before smiling softly.

"It's fine Lola, I'll just distract them. I'll meet you guys at home" she smiled at me through the rearview mirror and I could only nod my head even though I didn't agree with her plan, I felt Daisy's hand slid into mine and I looked at her for a moment, she looked a bit scared.

"I'll stay with you." Lola said and turned to look at us, her eyes were mainly on Daisy like she was trying to reassure her that everything was going to be fine.

"Are you guys ready?" I put my hand on the door handle, and kept a good grip on Daisy's hand as we all waited for my aunt to slow down a bit.

On instincts and as soon as I felt the car slow down a bit I opened the door and jumped out pulling Daisy out with me and we rolled down on the side of the road. I landed right on top of her out of breath and afraid they might've seen us, I noticed she was a bit uncomfortable and her face was all red but I'm sure it was from us jumping out of a moving car.

Daisy tried to get up but I kept her down under me to hide us from the car driving by, I don't want them to see us after all this work.

"Are..are they gone?" I heard her whisper, I looked down at her noticing that my face was so damn close to hers, I could feel her soft nervous breaths brush on my chin. I swallowed hard and nodded, with that said Daisy quickly pushed me off of her.

She looked so uncomfortable with the situation, I mean I would be too if the person who confessed to me and I don't have feelings for landed on top of me after we jumped out of a car. I went to touch her hand but she pulled away from, I pursed my lips together and stood up, I was acting out of feelings and I shouldn't have.

"We have to find a way back home, let's go" I said and started walking away from her following along the road. She was right about me, I was such a child who couldn't control her feelings.

I looked around and realized we were in the middle of nowhere, I couldn't smell anything familiar, but the road resembled the one we took when we first met Matthew.

"V" I mumbled and quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket, the screen was cracked but thank God it was still working. I dialed her number and waited for an answer.

"Aurora if this isn't urgent I'm going to fuckin murder you!" She said calmly as soon as she answered the phone, her tone was terrifying. I glanced at Daisy who was already looking at me confused then kept walking forward.

"I'm in the middle of nowhere"

"What are you saying Aurora?" I heard her move around in the background and the sound of people talking got louder, I reached a crossroad the one of the right said East park and the one on the left will take us to West park mountains.

"I'm in the intersection of the East and West park mountains" I said and tried to find something that looked familiar but nothing, just a hundred miles of trees.

"What the hell are you doing at our borders?!" She yelled and the sound of wind got louder which could only mean she was running. I felt a hand on my back and I turned to glance at Daisy. She was staring at the woods in front of us, behind the tall trees two men appeared. I pulled Daisy behind me shielding her with my body.

"They're here" I whispered to V and hangup, I felt Daisy grip the back of my shirt the closer these men got. They were coming from the west side road, I took a step back going further into the east side territory which was probably V's pack territory.

"You can't cross the border" I said, I could easily kill both of them in a blink of an eye but I could smell more than just the two of them but I couldn't see where they were exactly and I wasn't about to risk Daisy's safety.

They took another step forward but stopped right in the middle of the intersection not making any more advances, I was honestly relieved that I was correct and they wouldn't cross to Matthew's territory.

They gave each other a look before smirking, their eyes landed on us and one of them took another step to stand right in my face.

"We don't care about borders anymore.." he said in a low voice, I could hear foot steps getting closer from behind us and I smiled.

"Then you shouldn't care about this either" before he could react I grabbed his throat and ripped it out, leaving him choking on his own blood eyes wide and mouth agape. My face and shirt were all bloody but at this point I didn't care.

"Aurora?!" I heard V call my name just as the second guy was about to charge at me, V and her pack emerged from the darkness and slowly made their way to us. The guy took a step back and pulled his dead friend with him.

"This doesn't end here" I hear him say before he disappeared behind the trees he came from, I sighed and turned to face V I couldn't help feel relieved to see her I went to give her a hug expecting her to dodge my arms in disgust but she actually let me hug her. I felt her relax a bit, like she was worried or something.

"You're a life saver" I mumbled before letting go, I looked down at her grey hoodie and it was all stained with blood she glanced at it for a moment and huffed.

"I hate you" she whispered in defeat, I smiled sheepishly making her roll her eyes.

The shirt was starting to feel sticky on me so pulled it off my head and stayed in my bra. I wiped my face from the blood, that's when I noticed both Daisy and V staring at me. I looked down at my body and realized they were staring at the scars around my stomach and arms.

I was starting to feel a bit insecure so I decided to put my shirt back on, I'd rather have blood on me than their eyes staring at me like I was some broken porcelain doll.

****************************************
Good afternoon! I wonder what's gonna happen to Lola and Dalida...

Muah

-S