Chapter 15

Lola

For the first time in a while, I felt betrayed, I felt left out, I felt overwhelmed, I felt so many things at the same time. I felt like the first time when I heard about my mother passing out.

As soon as I stepped foot inside this house and met this man I realized something wasn't right, my head started to hurt, my chest felt so tight like something was trapped inside me and wanted to get out so badly.

"Are you alright?" My girlfriend asked worriedly, Sam has been trying to comfort me and ask how I feel but I didn't know how I felt, I didn't know what to say or what to expect from this situation.

But realizing that my real father wasn't really my father, and after almost 26 years is insane to me. I had a feeling Steven Collins wasn't my dad but it was a small doubt that I quickly forgot about. But that 1% doubt turned out to be the truth.

I sat down on the couch with my head down, I felt a hand on my shoulder I looked up at the woman. Lilith was standing in front of me, she gestured for me to follow her outside. Without thinking twice I stood up and went after her.

"I'm sorry you had to find out so suddenly, Lola. I had no other way, Matthew is a good ally but I'm not about to keep something like this from you, like I always say, family before anything." Lilith explained, I stood there with my head down tears threatening to fall.

"Is he...Daisy's dad as well?" I found myself asking, I don't want my sister to find out this way. I looked at Lilith and she shook her head no, making me purse my lips together.

"Does that mean I'm like them?"

"Well, Matthew told me they suppress their abilities for protection. So people like us don't find out about them, I'm guessing it's somewhere in there" the tall woman said pointing to my chest then turned to look around at the wolves going on with their lives, just like we weren't here.

"This alliance is good for us because you could be the next pack leader if you want. I don't recommend it because you would get challenged every now and then for that posi-" before I could hear the end of her sentence I was knocked down to the ground by the dark haired girl called Verena.

"What th-" I was rubbing my eyes because the dirt got into them, and when I finally looked up at the girl her eyes were shining red, her fangs halfway out and she looked ready to fight. But something in her eyes was telling me how afraid and unsure she was. What is wrong with her?

"I worked so damn hard, every day, every night, my brother and I went through hell at the orphanage before Matthew saved us.." at this point she was in front of me, ready to pounce on me but something made me feel bad for this girl. I don't know if the world is playing games on me but I wanted to help her, somehow. She reminded me of myself when I was still a kid and I was trying to survive to give my sister a better life.

"...and I won't let a bloodsucker take that away from me. You can't just show up out of nowhere and wreck everything I've been building like it was some stupid Lego tower!" I stood up before she could blink but she didn't back away she was still in my face, she wasn't short but she wasn't as tall as me.

"I don't want your title, I am happy with what I have" I tried to rationalize with her but she was in daze, she wasn't in her right mind.

But rationalizing wasn't working with her, since she scratched my face making me wince and hold my cheek in surprise. My first thought was to punch this girl as hard as I could, but I could kill her for something she couldn't control. So I punched her in the face but not hard enough to injure her, just to try and wake her up from this nonsense.

I guess, my punch was a little too much for her mutt self and she turned mid air into a black wolf and immediately started charging back at me. I wrapped my arms around the wolf's neck and flipped her on the ground holding her down, she tried to wiggle herself out, scratching on my arms and trying to bite my head when it gets too close to her snout.

"Lilith! I don't wanna kill her!" I yelled trying to make someone stop this before she gets injured and we all regret it, Lilith and Matthew were talking and she shook her head no, I'm guessing this wasn't gonna stop until one of us surrenders.

She somehow managed to get away from my grip and bit my arm , and for the first time in a while I actually felt pain. Feeling her canines dig into my arm, ripping the skin apart.

"No! Stop!" I heard my girlfriend yell, the worry on her eyes made me realize that I'm letting a mutt make me look weak. I grabbed Verena's snout and pulled it apart pulling her jaws away from my arm before punching her hard in the face. I heard her whine a little before shaking her head gathering herself and ready to charge again but this time I wasn't going to let her reach me. I kicked her side hard she went flying and slammed against one of the trees close by.

She didn't get up she laid there eyes staring at me in pain and sadness, I was going towards her to finish what she started but Sam grabbed my arm stopping me before I reached her.

The girl went back to her human form completely naked, Aurora ran to her taking off her coat and covering her friend with it.

"Are you okay?" I heard Sam ask, I nodded and pulled my arm away from her then made my way to the forest, I needed to clear my mind. I needed to be alone and Sam understood that and didn't follow me.

******************************************
Hey! I miss all of you, also this is a little short but don't worry I'm gonna update soon.

Muah

-S