Chapter 3

Aurora

Daisy and I made our way to the rink, hockey practice has started twenty minutes ago, and Max was waiting impatiently, might I add, on one of the many seats outside the rink.

"Are you gonna practice?" I heard Daisy ask, I wasn't.

"Maybe" I only walked her here so I can talk to Max, because on second thoughts Lola would kill him for evening thinking about harming her sister, even if it was an accident.

"But Rory, you promised me, plus I'll be right over there. So you keep an eye on me, like you said" Daisy smiled softly and rolled her eyes at me playfully. She pulled me to the locker room and handed me the pair of skates I use, how di-

"I put them there for you, Rory. I'm your bestfriend, I know you. And, I'm glad they fit" I stood there staring at her in awe, how can I not feel anything for this woman? She chuckled and pushed me out of the lockers.

"Go" I heard her say, I sat down, purposely next to Max, so I can put the shoes on. I could hear his heartbeats pick up as soon as he saw me, I internally smirked knowing he was still intimidated by me he just hates to admit it.

"A birdy told me, you hurt Daisy this morning." I could feel him stiffen next to me, I didn't bother looking at him and I kept typing the shoes.

"I'm warning you Max, it'll not be a pretty scene for you if you make that mistake again" before he could answer, which I was sure he wasn't going to, I got up and skated towards the hockey team.

I had my hands in my pockets as I listened the coach talk to the girls, they were pretty strong specially the goalie but I could hurt them, on accident of course.

"Ah, Aurora! Glad you joined, I was waiting for you" coach Carlson said with a smile, he was a middle aged guy who used to play for the national team, unfortunately for him he got brain damage or something of that sort from the game and he was told if he wanted to live he should stop playing, so that's what he did.

"Mr Carlson I don't th-"

"Coach Carlson" he corrected me,

"I don't think this is a good idea, sir" I said respectfully, I know I shouldn't be if didn't feel like it but my parents raised me right and unlike some of the students here, I respected my teachers.

"Why do you think that?" He asked curiously, the other girls were looking at me curiously waiting for what I had to say.

"I've never played hockey before, I just skate around the rink for fun. I don't know the rules, or anything related to the sport" coach Carlson sighed and grabbed the stick from one of the girls and threw it to me.

"I'm gonna give you the simplest explanation, first team take your positions!" He yelled, the girls scattered leaving 6 girls on half side of the rink, while I stood alone in the center.

"You're tall and...strong" this man squeezed my bicep,

"I think you'll be a great defenseman" he smile proudly, what am I supposed to do? I mean he said defense so I'm guessing I have to stop them from scoring? All five of them? I heard other girls come closer to me, I was pulled back until I was between the goalie and three players in front of me.

"The one on the left is the left wing, the middle is a center and the right wing on the right side" the girl who I don't really recognize explained, I nodded and and she gave me thumbs up. She was about my size with dark curly hair, she looked mixed with something I just didn't know what.

"Aurora!" I heard someone yell and next thing I was tackled down to the floor, it is only because I let it happen, I had to act "human" so I don't scare everyone. I heard the girl skate fast towards me and I let her hit me.