Chapter 14

Aurora

Matthew and his pack welcomed us and respected us, they offered us food and drinks and we were thankful showing them as much respect as they were showing us, but we decided to wait for Margaret and Daisy to show up first before we eat.

A guy walked closer to Matthew leaning closer to his ear, whispering that the guests we were waiting for have arrived. He nodded and gestured for Verena to go get them, Lola suddenly stood up as well and we all looked at her confused.

"I- I'm gonna go get..my sister" she said but before anyone can say otherwise she walked out the pack house with Verena behind her, I looked at my sister for a moment and she was still staring at the door where Lola left.

"If you..don't mind me asking, how old is Lola?" Matthew spoke sounding a little nervous.

"She's..26, I- I'm..gonna go get her" Sam stood up as well and left in a hurry, what's going on? What's happening? Did I miss something?

I looked at my mom for a moment and she was glaring at Matthew, I thought we were fine? What happened that changed the mood so suddenly.

"She's a big girl, huh. She deserved a better childhood Matthew" my mom said and snapped her fingers, one of our guards appeared behind her with a metal flask filled with fresh blood. She opened it and took a sip her eyes never leaving Matthew's, the other wolves started to feel the energy coming from my mother and I could tell they intimidated.

"I don't know.." he was quickly cut off, I sat up on the couch trying to take in the situation. I was confused but at the same time everything was obvious, what were they implying? What does Lola have in common with this man?

"Don't. Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about, do you think all of this is a coincidence? This meeting?" I looked at my aunt and she was unbothered, like she also knew about this.

"We're here for alliance" Matthew finally spoke,

"We never said we weren't. But we want that girl to find peace too, and you, Matthew, you'll help her" my aunt said answering the man who looked so deep in his thoughts.

"But, I can't just show up in her life out of nowhere. It's been 26 years Lilith, what is this nonsense, I can't fucking help her" the door slammed opened and Lola walked in a cold look on her face, she stepped out of the way letting my sister and Margaret walk in followed by Daisy.

Suddenly I wasn't interested in Matthew and my mom's conversation and was mesmerized by the beauty who just walked in the house. She slowly made her way to the couch and sat down next to aunt Dal.

"Hello, sweetheart" my aunt greeted her, Daisy blushed and smiled softly at my aunt. Her eyes finally fell on mine and I felt everything around us stop for a moment as if it was just me and her in this world. She looked down at my outfit for a moment before looking back at my face, I saw the corner of her mouth slightly lift up and I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Aurora?" Someone called my name but I wasn't sure who it was,

"Hm? What?" I shook my head before looking at whoever just called me, Verena cleared her throat and nodded her head asking me to follow after her. I discreetly shook my head no but she glared at me and walked away. I sighed and stood up following after her, I felt a pair of eyes burning my skin with how hard the person was staring, I had a feeling who it was so I didn't dare turn around.

"What? V it's really not the time, Daisy is finally here and i-" I whispered yelled when we were at a good distance away from any eavesdropping ears, but for the first time Verena looked worried, nervous even and that is not like her.