Chapter 18

Lola

Sam and I walked in the house the baby still clinging to me, she was wide awake like she wasn't sleeping the whole ride to the house. Lilith and the others will be here any minute so we can discuss what to do with the kid.

"She's so tiny, how old do you think she is?" I heard Sam ask, I shrugged my shoulders and quickly went upstairs with her still in my arms. I sat her down in the bathtub and she looked around her a bit confused. She started slapping the floor and giggling like an idiot.

"What are we going to do with you?" I said but she didn't pay attention to me, I looked through the bottles to see if any of the shampoos was baby friendly but they weren't, if she gets it in her eyes it'll sting. We just have to be careful.

"Alright, are you ready?" I said but she was busy splashing on the water, I snapped my fingers next to her head but still no reaction. I have to get her checked at the doctor. She might really have a hearing problem.

I let the water run making sure it was a prefect temperature before letting it touch her small body. When she noticed the tub filling she giggled loudly and clapped happily.

"Close your eyes" I said but she didn't listen, I'm also a little stupid because she isn't even over a year and she doesn't understand what I'm saying, I gently put my hand over her forehead to shield her eyes from the water and pulled the shower head closer to her head.

"You're okay" I said softly when I noticed she was blinking fast and her heartbeats picked up all of a sudden. I put a tiny bit of shampoo on her head and gently massaged her hair, I don't know if my hands are too big or she was so small since I could cover the top of her head with just one hand.

"Stay still" I said when I wanted to wash the shampoo out of her hair. But the baby was too excited and started moving around which led to the shampoo getting into her eyes. She growled and started moving around the tub then quickly shifted into the gray pup that I saved earlier tonight. She bit the shampoo bottle and started moving her head left and right fast ripping the bottle apart.

"It's okay, you're okay" she growled at the bottle one more time before turning her head to look at me, I watched her ears drop down and she tucked her tail between her legs, she started crying and slowly made her way to me. She turned back into her human form and tried to climb out the tub and into my arms.

Sam walked in the bathroom when she heard the baby cry, she was in different and more comfortable clothes.

"What happened?" She asked and gently brushed her hand over the baby's wet hair, who already calmed down since she was in my arms now.

"She got shampoo in her eyes" I chuckled at how cute the baby was, she was holding on to me, her ear to my chest like she was looking for something, or trying to listen to something. I gently kissed the top of her head before putting her back in the tub.

I grabbed a loofah and dumped it in the warm water before put a bit of body wash on it, I cleaned her little body, and when I reached her fingers they were so small not even the size of my pinky. I felt her wrap them around my thumb and I couldn't explain how it made me feel.

I heard the door open downstairs and I knew the family was back, I asked Sam to bring me a towel so I can dry the pup and used the time when Sam went to fetch me the towel to wash any soap or shampoo left on the little girl.

"Aurora went straight to her room and Daisy went to her place, I think they fought again" Sam said sounding tired already, they've been fighting constantly lately but neither of them wants to tell us what's going on.

She handed me the towel and I wrapped the baby in it. She was looking up at me with her cute doe eyes, gray and sparkly. How can someone hurt her? Or get rid of her? Where were her parents? What if they were looking for her and I just took her from them? But she looked so skinny like she didn't eat in a while, like she's been stuck on the cliff for days.

"I'll go put her in one of my hoodies so she can stay warm. Can you ask one of the guards to bring some diapers and baby food, maybe some milk too?" I asked my girlfriend, she smiled softly and leaned to give me a kiss. Which, for some reason, made the baby giggle, I rolled my eyes playfully and stood up to make my way to Sam's old room.

I laid her on the bed still wrapped in the towel and went to look for a hoodie in the closet, I picked out a black one that Sam used to wear it was a little tight on me.

"This is gonna look so big on you" I chuckled and started putting the hoodie over the baby's head, it looked like bedsheets on her. She smiled and started biting on her own fingers. I put the hood over her head to keep her warm and walked downstairs.

"Oh my god, hi there baby" Vivienne whispered when she saw the baby, she touched her cheek with her fingers and a soft smile on her face.

"You can't keep a wolf pup in a vampire territory, Lola. It's not safe, for her and for us. Sooner or later someone is going to come looking for her" I heard Lilith say from the other side of the room, I didn't want to say anything, I was sad yes, but deep down I knew I had no choice, she wasn't mine to keep and her family is probably looking for her out there.

"Can we at least get her checked at the doctor first? I think she can't hear" I said to Lilith, she looked up from where she was sitting and her eyes fell on the baby. We all watched her slowly get up and make her way to us, the baby at the sight of Lilith's cleavage she started wiggling in my arms and tried to get to her.

"Tomorrow, you and Sam can take her to our private clinic. They'll give you a full body report" she said every word with her eyes still looking at the baby girl, her hand then moved to the girl's face softly running her thumb over her cheek, I watched Lilith smile softly before she drop her hand to her side.

"Thank you" I whispered still looking at Lilith who didn't take her eyes off of the little girl, her eyes showed sadness but she quickly looked away and left the room.

I put the little girl on the wooden floor and I went to sit down on the couch, she seemed to like moving a lot because she started crawling around us tripping on the huge hoodie.

"I think Lilith is right, we shouldn't ke-" Dalida's sentence was cut off when the baby reached the chair she was sitting on, the pup just looked up at the woman with curious gray eyes.

"Hmm, she's trying to convince me otherwise" we heard Dalida mumble under her breath holding an intense eye contact with a few months old child who was now trying to climb on her lap.

"She's a baby, aunt Dal" Sam giggled and picked her up. I was more worried that someone was trying to get rid of her, because like I said before, she was too skinny, like she's been alone for days and I didn't even smell anyone near that cliff.

My eyes fell on Sam and the little girl, how Sam smiled from ear to ear while playing with her. How soft she looked while talking to the baby, and even though the little pup had no idea what was going on around her, she just giggled and pinched on Sam's cheeks, just happy to be included.

But she wasn't ours to keep... if someone came looking for her we have to give her back.

*****************************************
Good afternoon everyone! I hope you're feeling well today.

Muah

-S