Chapter 21

Aurora

People did not lie when they said word travels fast, because as soon as I stepped foot in the house my mom was standing there waiting for me.

"Aurora..." She called my name in her serious voice making me almost shake in my pants. My mom walked closer to where I was standing, frozen from fear.

"Would you like to explain what the hell happened?" I gulped hard and nodded fast. She stepped out of the way and I quickly made my way to the couch.

I heard her heels click as she followed after me, I sat down first and she went to take a seat in front of me. She raised her eyebrow waiting for me to speak.

"Mom, I really don't know why I'm acting like this..." I sighed,

"Start from the beginning" she said and crossed her legs.

"Since Daisy and I...fought. I confessed and I got rejected, I felt so stupid. I haven't eaten or drunk anything in two or three days...I've been feeling angry, numb, I- I don't know..." I rubbed my face and laid back on the couch and huffed.

"Even though I said I won't talk to her or care what she does, I couldn't just stand there and watch a girl touch her...or look at her" I couldn't control myself when I saw that bitch touch her.

"So I pushed her, maybe a little too hard" she hummed softly and nodded.

"So, you dislocate a girl's shoulder and break another one's jaw because you were...jealous."

"Mom I-"

"Not just that, but your fangs appeared in front of a crowd of humans" she raised her brow again waiting for me to confirm her words. I felt bad, horrible even. She was quiet, too quiet, and when my mom is silent it means she's thinking about a solution or planning something.

"I'm sorry" that's all I could say, I couldn't defend my actions because I was in the wrong. My mom stood up and walked towards me, she put her hand out and I looked up at her confused.

"Keys" I sighed and gave her my car keys.

"No abilities, no cars, no going out for a week. One of the drivers will be taking you to school and bringing you back" she ordered, I nodded and looked down feeling guilty.

"Yes ma'am" I felt her hand gently brush over my hair,

"Love can be hard, it can be poisonous but it's so wonderful even if the other person doesn't feel the same...Be good Aurora, and think before you act." She kissed my head and left, leaving me alone to my thoughts. How can it be wonderful when Daisy doesn't love me back, why should I be heartbroken? Why did I have to love her?

"Aurora" I turned around to find Lola smiling at me, the baby was sleeping in her arms.

"I'm sorry about this morning, we came from the clinic and the doctor told us the pup was physically abused and when I heard her cry I couldn't control myself" Lola sat down next me and I smiled at how gentle she was with the baby.

"Does she have a name?" I asked and softly touched the baby's head.

"Do you think we should name her?"

"Absolutely! Are you keeping her? Did I become an aunt? At this age I'm an aunt" Lola chuckled at my excitement and nodded, she leaned down kissing the baby's forehead, she was looking at her with so much love.

"I'll let Sam decide" the door opened and my sister stormed in, she looked frustrated.

"These people are driving me crazy" she mumbled and slumped down on the couch in front of us.