Chapter 33

Aurora

The closer we got to Matthew's pack the more doubtful and nervous I felt, I was praying Verena, Jasey and Raven have left and found a refuge. I was hoping they didn't decide to stay and fight.

There was no sign of my aunt but we had to move on without her just like we were ordered, I was with Adele who was licking blood off of her knife. This woman was a psychopath, she's stabbed almost half of Doug's pack. Hitting them in fatal spots, where the veins or the arteries were and watched them bleed to death.

She suddenly stopped in her track and stared straight ahead. Her eyes slightly squinted like she was trying to figure out something, she didn't wait for me and just dipped on me, disappearing into darkness. I tried my best to follow after her until we both reached Matthew's pack house.

Everything was broken or on fire, their houses were destroyed and screams and howls could be heard everywhere. I could see people running away while others tried their best to fight our men, and that made me feel bad, how these innocent people will suffer the consequences of one single person's actions.

I caught a swift scent of Verena and I couldn't not go and find her, I had to. I could hear her voice so I followed it until I reached a part in the forest, my friend was helping an elderly woman get into a van.

"V!" I called for her, her eyes looked at me in confusion for a second before she realized I was real, she looked all beaten up and tired like she's been fighting all night. I saw her smile softly and I was about to go to her when somebody tackled her. One of our men punched her hard but she was too tired to fight back.

"Hey! No! Leave her alone!" I tried to get to her but he smirked at me, and showed his canines daring me to take another step closer. He grabbed her by the neck and was about to rip her throat out.

"Hmm fresh...meat" he whispered ready to dig his teeth in her neck, I felt something go past me at an insane speed to the point that I stumbled a bit to the side.

With my eyes completely wide I stared at the scene, Adele stood there with the guy's head in her hand and an emotionless expression on her face. How..what? When did she...? Everything happened so fast that I couldn't see how she cut off his head, it was so damn fast that his body was still standing on its feet without a head.

She let go of the head and grabbed V before she could fall. Holding her in her arms with a soft smile. Verena was too exhausted to react, she was trying to get away from Adele but gave up after failing the first two attempts.

"V? Are you okay?" I kneeled down next to her and touched her face, she was burning up, something isn't right, something is wrong with her. I grabbed her shirt and pulled it up and to my horrific surprise there was a wound on her abdomen, not a normal one. She was shot with a silver bullet, and it was getting into her system, killing her slowly.

"Bring her here" Adele and I looked at the woman who Verena was helping earlier, Adele picked her up and put her in the back of the van. The little kids and other elderly people stared at us with consciousness, I could hear their hearts going insane in their chests.

"Is she going to be okay?" I asked the older woman, she didn't reply and grabbed her handbag searching through it to try and find something. On the other hand, Verena was breathing heavily and sweating a lot and those were not good signs.

The woman digged her fingers in Verena's wound which made my friend scream at the top of her lungs at the agonizing feeling, she was shaking hard while me and Adele tried to keep her in place. Adele was quiet the whole time just watching the woman pull out the bullet and fill the wound with herbs she took out from her bag.

"Now, I can't promise she'll survive the night. But at least this will ease her pain" the older woman said with a loud sigh.

"She will" I heard Adele mumble, she put her palm to her lips and cut it slightly. She guided the blood to V's lips and let the drops fall right into her mouth. She put her arms under V's body and picked her up then left the van without saying a word to anyone.

"Ehm thank you..and..sorry" I said quickly to the older woman and went after Adele, I walked faster a bit until I was side to side with her. I could hear V's heart rate get steadier, and she wasn't breathing uncontrollably like she was before.

"Retreat!" She said to her men, they all bowed and started walking away from the scene. Leaving the territory one by one, she put Verena in the back seat of her car and covered her body with the coat she had on before.

"Tell your aunt, I left. I will not kill my mate, Aurora...Not after I spent centuries looking for her" She said and I nodded, but all I wanted was to know how my friend was and if she was going to be okay.

"I'll bring her back when she's better" Adele ruffled my hair before getting in the car as well, her guard shut the door and went to his side then drove away.

I had to find my aunt, she's caused so much devastation that I don't think the wolves will ever recover from this.

***

Dalida

"Lilith?" I said in surprise, I stared in horror at the scene in front of me. Our queen was in a large tube filled with a transparent liquid, she was completely naked and she had smaller tubes on her shoulders and back, they were either injecting her or sucking something out of her body.

The floor was all bloody, like there was a fight here and someone or multiple people got badly injured and it looked fresh. I looked around the lab to find how to turn this shit off, when I heard foot steps coming from a different room, I went and hid behind the large tube to see how these people deactivate the system. I masked my scent and stopped breathing so they wouldn't hear me.

"This dumb fuckin bitch, I'm gonna kill her!" I heard Doug's voice, I could see him coming into the room and he was missing a whole arm, and had a huge bandaid on his neck.

"She...she killed all seven of our workers, sir"

"She ripped my arm off! I don't care about those morons, my arm is gone!" He slapped the guy standing next to him like he was the one who cut his arm off, he didn't react he just stood there with his head down.

"But, look at her now..she almost had me, almost. If she wasn't weak from all the antidote in her system we all would be fuckin dead!" He yelled at his worker again, I looked down at the foot of the machine and saw where the smaller tubes connected. I kneeled down grabbed the tube and pulled it hard making the sirens go off.

"She...didn't kill you but.." I started and came out of the shadows, his face went pale like he just saw a ghost, but little did her know, I was worse. Both their hearts were going crazy at the sight of me.

"...I will" or I could just let Lilith out and let her finish the job. Doug tried to move fast enough to get the antidote from his pocket but with only one arm he wasn't fast enough, I punched him hard making the syringe drop on the floor.

I looked at his worker and he was contemplating wether to help his boss or not, I waited for him to make a decision..and he made the right one. He took a step back making my smirk go wider.

"Good boy" I saw my men come down here to the lab along with Aurora. They surrounded Doug who seemed to have giving up already, he was helpless and hopeless. He was going to suffer the consequences of his actions, he's going to regret his existence after we're done with him.

******************************************
Bonjour !

Muah

-S