Chapter 27

Lola

After watching Aurora and Daisy jump safely out of the car I slammed the backdoor shut and put my seatbelt back on.

"Do you know where you're going?" I asked Dalida, she nodded and took a right turn into an off-road path. The car was still on us and they were getting closer, Dalida started slowing down which I found a bit odd. Aren't we supposed to get away?

"Lilith will be here in a few minutes, we have to stay alive until she's here"

"What? But why?" I asked confused, the car rear ended us roughly.

"It's all part of her plan, I always trust her, I always do as she asks. She knows better..." But she sounded unsure, Dalida looked uneasy, she was confused, stressed even, like she didn't trust Lilith's plan.

"She's...bringing the kid here." I felt my brain, body, everything in me stop. I felt dizzy, I felt somehow betrayed and disappointed. Dalida stopped the car, and we sat there in silence. The car circled us before stopping in front of us, and about six or seven men got out all ready to fight. They started shooting the car but their bullets didn't damage it, they barley did anything.

"They brought guns?"

"Guns made out of the antidote" Dalida answered my question, she pushed my leg out of the way and opened the glove box taking out a silver hand gun.

"They have that, and we have silver bullets. You know, just in case" she winked at me, is this woman suicidal? She opened the door and started shooting them between the door and the body of our car, I watched one guy dropped dead while another one was holding his shoulder.

"You stop! I stop!" She yelled, and the gunshots ceased. She got in again and huffed loudly before slamming the door harshly.

"These mutts make me wanna shoot myself" she mumbled and grabbed a metal flask that was under the armrest, opened it and took a long sip.

"I hope Lilith knows what she's doing" I heard Dalida say, speak of the devil, a black car parked right behind us and another one followed right after. A dozen of Lilith's men came out, before one of them ran to her door to open it for her. Lilith in her glory got out of the car with blanket in her arms, I could smell rose all over that blanket and I was starting to panic.

Is she really going to give them the baby? I was a patient person and I wasn't impulsive so I bit my lip harshly and waited.

"Let's get out" I nodded and Dal and I opened our doors then made our way to Lilith. She didn't look at us, she just kept her eyes on the wolves. I glanced inside the blanket but I couldn't see the baby, it was just a random dog that I've never seen before, I was glad she didn't bring rose here. I was so glad.

"Come out and face me like the man you think you are" I heard her say while glaring at the car that's been following us, one of its doors opened and we saw a man come out of it, he was in his late forties maybe? Fifties? He had an eye patch and his thin dark hair was slicked back.

"Your Majesty.." he said in a voice full of sarcasm and mischief, he took another step closer. Lilith looked at Dalida for a moment and her eyes turned glassy, like she was telling her something without speaking. Dalida's face change into a confused one but couldn't say anything, she just nodded and looked down at her feet.

Lilith made her towards that man and so did he, until they met in the middle. They spoke about rose and about the deal, but then he grabbed the blanket from her and the random stray dog fell to the ground and went running into the woods. The guy stared at the now empty blanket for a second before pulling something out of his back pocket.

I was so confused with what was happening, that's until I heard Lilith yelp, she leaned forward on the guy and slowly slid down to her knees with her head down. I looked at Dalida and she was silently crying with her head down, tears falling one after the other, why wasn't she doing anything? Why was nobody moving?!

I pushed Dalida out of my way and ran to Lilith, she was holding her stomach in the spot where he stabbed her.

"Do something!" I yelled to Dalida, and the guards but they all just stood there. Lilith smiled at me softly with tears in her eyes and pulled my hands away from her, I swear to god not one time in my entire life did I ever think I'll see this woman fall to her knees, I never thought I'll see her get hurt, I never once thought I'll ever see her like this.

"Be patient" she whispered and gently touched my cheek, I tried to stop the black blood from pouring out of her but I was quickly pulled off of her.

One of the wolves punched once and he tried to do it again but I grabbed his arms and twisted it then ripped it off of his body. The others all swarmed me and forbid me from getting any closer, I couldn't do anything, I watched them pick her up like she was a piece of trash and throw her in their trunk.

They let go of me and quickly rushed into their car and drove off, I stared at Dalida and the guards like they were some type of traitors.

"Why didn't you stop them?! Why didn't you do anything?!" I yelled at all of them, I couldn't hold it anymore, I didn't care that it was Dalida who I was speaking to.

"Answer me damn it!"

"Don't...fuckin yell at me..." She mumbled, she wiped her tears with her sleeves and finally looked up at me, her eyes all red from crying.

"We did it for you, so don't fuckin yell at me. This was all part her plan..." I was breathing heavily, a thousand thoughts in my head, I didn't know what Dal was talking about, I didn't know what was going on.

"W-what? What are you saying?"

"It was either her...or the pup" Dalida walked past me to the car, she could've...I don't know she could've done something else! she could've just went with them willingly and not pull that trick that caused her to get hurt, he fuckin stabbed her, he stabbed her with that antidote shit!

"She told me not to do anything, she told me to let him do it, she said her time has come while that little girl just started her life and she was going to let them take her..." I heard Dalida whisper, she put her hands to her face and cried. What is Lilith doing? What did she do that? What is she planning? This can't be a coincidence, she did it on purpose, she made him stab her on purpose.

"There must've been another way" I said and went to the driver's side, Dalida didn't say anything and jumped in the car. What possibly could she be planning? Letting herself get stabbed by the antidote only means she'll be dead soon. But why would she let that happen?

"Dalida, did you know about this since the beginning? Because Aurora and I only left the house to get my sister..."

"When she texted me to go get Daisy, she told me to leave you guys at Matthew's and then drive to the hill..." Dalida started,

"She said, royals don't have the same blood a common vampires, so the antidote shouldn't work on us. We're pure bloods, she's our queen, she wasn't supposed to get hurt" Dalida sighed shakily, when Eliza got injected with the antidote her veins were turning black fast and so were her tears but Lilith still looked normal, she was bleeding black blood yes but her tears and veins were fine.

I have to find out why she did this, where they took her and what they want from her. And there's only one person who can give me my answers.

Raven Rockford.

********************************************
ಥ⁠_⁠ಥ

Forgive me,

Muah

-S