Chapter 12

Aurora

By the end of our performance I noticed Daisy and Max staring at us dumbfounded as if they never expected us to be good enough to skate.

Miss Vasili on the other hand had a wide smile on her face, she looked so proud and excited as if she won the lottery. I looked at V and she looked very unbothered with the looks everyone was giving us.

We made our way to the bench and I sat down my eyes not once leaving Daisy when V spoke.

"Miss Vasili?"

"Yes Verena?" The coach replied,

"I believe Daisy is way better than I could ever be, I'm just an amateur. Don't you think her and Aurora would make a better pair?" My eyes widened in surprise at V's request and I quickly scanned Daisy's face to see her reaction. She as well was stunned.

"Hmm, I don't know..." Miss Vasili said sounding unsure, her response made Daisy sigh in relief but her relief soon turned into nervousness when the coach spoke again.

"But we could give it a try, go on" she clapped gesturing for me and Daisy to get on the rink.

"But miss Vasili, Max and I ar-" Daisy tried to convince her coach but she was cut off.

"No buts Daisy, go"

I skated to the middle of the rink and waited for her, I've never been this excited and happy in a while. And it's all because of V, I smiled at her and she nodded encouragingly.

"Daisy..." I called, extending my hand for her to grab. She looked at it hesitantly before sliding it into mine, sparks coated my hand when I felt her skin on mine. We might have cold bodies but when I'm with her, close to her, warmth fills my body and heals my wounds.

"1..2.." and the music started, it felt so natural to me to dance with Daisy. It almost felt like we were meant to be...

"Talk to me please.." I whispered when her body leaned against my front, I picked her up by the waist for a quick jump, her hands laid on top of mine as part of the choreography but to me it was everything, our souls were bounding.

We reached the part where I had to help her do the Swan pose, I had to balance on one foot and she had to balance on my legs, I looked up at her she was so beautiful, I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

She was truly...amazing.

Throughout the whole dance, it seemed like she was running away from me but I had to keep chasing her, hoping she'd give me a chance, wishing she'd give me one glance.

That's what V was talking about...no matter how hard and impossible it was to reach for them, the undying love makes you keep trying and trying until your last breath.

"My god, that was amazing" I heard Miss Vasili comment when we finished, I could feel the anger radiating off of Max and V was just looking at us proudly. Like she planned all of this, like she succeed at something.

"Verena...I think you might be right" the coach said, V rolled her eyes and started taking off her skates.

"I'm always right" I heard my friend mumble under her breath, I only realized I was still holding Daisy's hand when she pulled it away from mine and I felt the coldness enwrap me once again.

"Well if, Aurora agrees to it. We could start practicing for the competition starting today" I looked at Daisy for a moment, her energy wasn't good, like she didn't feel comfortable with the coach's decision.

I can't choose my happiness over hers.

"No ma'am, I'd like to stay partners with V" my answer surprised them, miss Vasili looked disappointed and Verena was staring at me confused. Like I threw all her effort out the window.