Chapter 31

Aurora

I watched as Lola buckled the pup in the back seat of her car, while Sam was saying goodbye to our momma. After what happened to Adrian aunt Dal declared War on the werewolves, since Lola is a hybrid and Rose is a wolf pup they weren't going to be spared, my aunt gave them time to leave before the war starts.

"Aurora, please be safe. And take care of our mom for me." My sister wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me to her in a tight hug, I nodded and hugged her back. What broke me even more, was Daisy. She decided to go with them..

By giving her distance I didn't mean for her to leave somewhere unknown, but she can't stay here she'll be safer with Lola than here. She walked past me with her suitcase and didn't even glance my way, she didn't even say a single word to me. I watched her put her suitcase in the trunk and slam it shut, I just wanted to see her eyes one last time. I mentally begged her to turn around and look at me..

But she didn't...

She got in the car fast, like she was running away from me, like she didn't want to look at me anymore, as if she was afraid of what will happen if she did. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to look at my momma.

"They'll be back, my dear. It's safer this way, we don't want any more deaths in our family, two are enough" she whispered and went inside the house, I stood in the driveway watching the car disappear into the distance.

If my aunt is going to kill the werewolves, I need to know if Matthew and his pack are included. I went to the living where my aunt was, she was downing glass after glass of alcohol she wasn't going to get drunk she just needed to calm the burning sensation in her chest.

"Is Matthew's pack included?" I asked and sat down next to her, she glanced at her wrist watch and took another chug of her drink.

"Every last mutt, Aurora." She confirmed, I nodded and went to my room. I quickly grabbed my phone and face timed V.

"You heard the news?" I asked and she shook her head no clueless of what's going on.

"My aunt is going to kill every single person with wolf blood in them" I told her, she sighed and I watched her walk to a different room and close the door.

"Matthew told me her son was attacked by Doug's pack, we have nothing to do with his death Aurora. Why would she attack us?" she explained, I was worried about her and the innocent lives my aunt was going to take but I will not betray my family, I will not stand in her way.

"I just wanted to say goodbye, V. I will not betray my aunt, this war will happen. I just want you to stay safe and get any person who's unable to fight out of the pack, take them somewhere safe..." She nodded and smiled sadly knowing we both have to go through this war whether we wanted or not.

I said goodbye to V and put my phone to charge, I heard the sound of multiple car engines in our driveway and I opened the curtains to see who it was, about five or six black SUVs stopped and men quickly got out of the vehicles, one of them opened the door for a woman to exist the car.

The tall woman with light brown hair stepped out the car, her long black coat covering what she was wearing under it. I walked down stairs to meet whoever this person is, she took off her glasses and walked closer to where I was standing.

"You look...just like her" she said in a very obvious french accent while staring hard at me, I tilted my head a bit confused with what she was saying. The woman was a few inches taller, pale with light brown hair, she was very beautiful truly and she had this strong aura surrounding her similar to my aunt.

"Adele" I heard my aunt call behind me, the woman smiled her eyes not leaving mine for a long second before looking behind me at my aunt.

"Dalida, ma chérie. Je suis vraiment désolée.." The so called Adele said to my aunt, she gave her a long hug then kissed her cheeks. (Dalida, my dear. I am very sorry...)

"I see you met Aurora" my aunt smiled but her smile didn't reach her eyes, how could it though, she just lost her son.

"A younger Lilith.." I heard the french woman say, she was reading me, scanning me trying to figure out something.

"Speaking of Lilith, what the hell happened?!" She spoke again this time her attention fully on aunt Dal,

"I'll explain everything in the office, come with me. Vivienne is already waiting for us there" the woman and I followed after my aunt upstairs to my mom's office, the woman kept looking at me from time to time like she was trying to figure out something.

Suddenly she stopped and leaned closer to my face where I got a good look at her red eyes,

"You...smell like something or...someone" I watched her pupils dilate and her smirk grew wider, I wasn't intimidated by her I was just confused.

"Adele? Leave the poor girl alone" my aunt said with a loud sigh, Adele moved away from my face and went inside the room. I breathed out shakily and went after them, okay fine maybe I was a little intimidated.

"Vivienne, it's nice to see you again" Adele went to hug my momma who just smiled and greeted her back, Adele took off her black coat and my eyes almost dropped out of my head. So that's why she was wearing this long ass coat.

She had a tight red dress that barely covered anything, her back was bare she had a snake tattoo going down her spine and few other tattoos on her thighs and let's not talk about the huge thing she got on her chest. A scare that went from her neck down to her cleavage.

"Aurora?"

"Huh? What?" I looked at my aunt who was the one calling my name,

"Adele asked if you had a friend who smelled like lavender or roses?" Lavender? Roses? A friend? I don't know, I don't go around smelling my friends.

"Eh no? Not really, why?" Adele leaned her head on her fingers and stared at me longer than before,

"Je cherche mon petit chaton depuis longtemps...mais...I think I finally found them" I saw my aunt roll her eyes so hard they almost got stuck in her head, before looking down at the documents she had in her hand. (I've been looking for my little kitten for a long time...but)

"Your mate?" I asked the woman, she nodded softly. Who could it be? I've hugged my sister, Daisy, my momma, raven, Jasey, Trevor...and V.

Wait...could it be Verena? I can't be sure, a scent can be stuck on you for weeks so it could be anyone's.

"You didn't change, Adele. Not one bit" Aunt Dal told the woman, who just rolled her eyes unbothered with my aunt's words.

"Adele, focus please. Jonathan is only a few minutes away and we can discuss the plan." My aunt and mom explained the plan to the woman, how they're going to attack at night because we have better sight than wolves, they were going to attack Doug's territory first then go to Matthew's to give him and his pack time to run away because if they get to them and they were still there they will not spare them.

"Awn so merciful, Dalida. So nice of you giving them time to run for their lives" I can hear the sarcasm in her voice, she sat down on the couch and crossed her legs.

The office door and our guards let a man in, he was a tall black guy with a nice beard. He smiled at my momma and bowed slightly in respect and went to greet her my aunt.

"Johny my friend, how are you?" aunt Dal said shaking his hand,

"Dalida...Adele" he nodded towards the woman who waved,

"Coucou mon chocolat, still mad I slept with your girlfriend?" She said with smirk and pushed her hair out of her face, (hello my chocolate)

"How many times did I tell you not to call me that, Adele? And she wasn't my girlfriend" he said sounding tired of her already, she smiled and stood up wrapping her arms around him in a hug.

"Alright then, since you both are here let's get started"

**********************************************
New characters unlocked.

Muah

-S