//Bye Bye//

"I can't take it anymore. It hurts me too much. I love her and him but this kills me. Can I stay at yours just for a little while...?
I got closer to the kitchen and opened the fridge. George immediately hung up the phone and wiped the tears.
"Shit. You scared me, Alice."
"I'm sorry. Hunger striked." We laughed awkwardly.
"Did you hear?"
"Hear what?" I'm a terrible liar.
"Alice, I know you heard."
"Fine. I did. George, why do you hate me so much?"
"Alice, you heard. I love you not hate you. This kills me. Me leaving would be better."
"But. I want you to stay..." He got closer to me and rubbed my cheek and kissed it.
"I'm just an intrusion on you and Matty's life. What'd you expect. The 3 of us forever? Alice, this fucking kills me. I love you. I have never stopped and I don't think I ever will but this is so painful." I think I saw a tear fall down his cheek.
"George, I--I'm sorry."
"Don't be. You and him are like... Robin and Barney."
He knows I love How I Met Your Mother. Especially applying it to real life.
"But.. Barney and Robin get divorced and she goes back to Ted...." George nodded waiting for me to finish and make the connection with a grin.
"I'll be waiting with the blue French horn. Don't be too late." He wrapped his arms around my waist then kissesd me. The key was left on the table and he disappeared into the darkness. I stood there unable to move and tried processing what went on. Does he really think we'll break up? Will we? Did Matty see? I turned around and saw nothing. I walked back to our room and laid back down with Matty. I laid awake thinking about George and that kiss. Silent, confused tears fell my cheek and I hope Matty didn't hear any of it.