//Talk To Matty About It//

We went on tour like old times with fans hating me for leaving Matty. One night Matty was introducing "You".
"Before I go on. I'd like to clear some things up. As you all know this year has been hell for me and I'm a private person. My friend and former Fiancee Alice and I lost our child and I was left at the altar. Please don't hate her. You know no matter how much you love someone some relationships just don't last and that's alright. You make way for better things. We both mutually kind of checked out of that relationship and she had the courage to put our problems to light. And I mean I'm an attractive guy, right? So I can't be tamed and I don't need no ring." He laughed nervously.
"I love Alice and even though things didn't work she is still a very dear friend of mine. So no calling her a "slag", "slut", "whore" or any other awful name otherwise I will be forced to kick your arse. My best friend, George is dating her now and I couldn't be happier for them. I love you George and Alice and may your relationship last a very long time. Good luck!" He raised his wine bottle up and took a drink grinning at George behind him then me from the side of the stage.

1 year later
"I met George before I did Alice. He was such a weird guy but then the more I got to know him I realized how similar we were. Then at a concert we met Alice and we both liked her. I dated her first then things just kinda ended. Damn 2 years just seems like so long ago. I'm so happy for the both of them. Alice and G we love you both congrats on getting married. The two of you make me believe in love."
Everyone clapped and cheered at Matty's best man speech.

After sometime everyone made their way to the dance floor. George and I danced for a while. Then Matty came by.
"May I have a dance, Alice?"
George nodded and Matty and I danced.
"You look beautiful. Glad you didn't runaway from this one." We both laughed and he held me close.
"I couldn't. The both of you might have Taylor Swift'd me and wrote a song about me."
"Oh but I did write a song about you...." He blushed and smiled.
"Which one?"
"You'll hear it soon enough, love..."
"What do you mean?"
A soothing song came through the speakers and a voice appeared.. Matty's voice.

I find it hard to say "bye bye"
Even in the state of you and I
And how can I refuse?
Yeah you rid me of the blues
Ever since you came into my life

Cause you're my medicine
(Yeah, you're medicine)
Yeah, you're my medicine
(You're medicine)

I, I wanna marry you
Said I, I adore you
And that's all I have to say, bye-bye
And you opiate this hazy head of mine

Cause you're my medicine
(Yeah, you're medicine)
Yeah, you're my medicine
(You're medicine)

Cause you're my medicine
(Yeah, you're medicine)
Yeah, you're my medicine
(You're medicine)
(You're medicine)

The song ended and everyone clapped.
"G and I made this together for you a while back..."
A tear fell down my cheek and George rushed over and held me.
"Babe, what's wrong? It was a wedding gift... "
"It's beautiful. Thank you both."
Matty hugged me and whispered into my ear, "I'll always love you. Now go enjoy your wedding and make George a very happy and lucky man."

Years went by quickly. George and I had 2 kids. A boy and girl. Matty and I visited Brandon's grave every year on the anniversary of his death and spent the day together laughing and crying over the past at this little diner he adored.
"I never told you this, Alice but I never got over you. I just got good at hiding it."
"And why are you telling me this now?"
"I'm dying, Alice. Cancer. Liver cancer. My ways caught up with me."
"Does anyone else know?"
"Yeah. I made them agree to let me tell you first."
Matty and I held each other and cried.
"I'm so scared and so tired. I start chemo soon."
We broke down together.
"I love you, Alice. Remember that. I always will, Love. Always. I just ask that you be here for me."
"I won't leave your side, Matty."