//Bleeding. Depleting//

I was discharged the next day and the funeral was on a Thursday. The band was there, my family, Matty's family and everyone else we know.
Home was silent for weeks. Matty turned to binge drinking and I just sat in the same spot for days. We never talked. All we did was sleep in bed together in silence. He was always gone. I read rumors online that he had cheated and we broke up. I don't know if he did but we pretty much are broken up... about everything right now.

It was a Saturday night and Matty was out drinking with Hann and Ross and high school buddies. No one had seen George since the funeral. He felt like he caused it. He felt like he was the source of everything wrong and disappeared. No one could get into contact with him so June 1st instead of a new tour and album the band announced an indefinite hiatus-- until Matty was better and George resurfaced.
He did resurface that night.

I was on the couch watching "Sex Sent Me to The ER" in an attempt to make me smile when suddenly I heard a key in the door. I thought it was Matty so I ignored it. The door opened and shut immediately.

"Hi, Alice. Long time no see." I turned around to see George. He was finally back. I immediately got up to hug him and kissed his cheek as tears fell down. He hugged back tighter and started crying too.
"Babe, I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you. Or Matty. I--- I disappared like a fucking coward. I missed you. I love you."
"Oh, George. Don't be sorry. I've missed you. I love you too. Where were you?"
"Love, I couldn't handle this. So. I packed my bags, left to this small town in America where no one knew me and I just wanted to be alone. Everything was so chaotic and my fault."
"George, nothing was your fault ok. I missed you so much."
He held me close and kissed my lips. I saw stars.
"The whole time I was gone... all I could think about was you. I wanted to call you but I didn't know what to say."
"I love you."
"I love you so much, babe. I heard... did he really?"
"George, I don't know. Everything fell apart. He's always gone and we don't speak. He's a drunk now."
And then he barged in to ruin this happy moment.