Did we win?-Duke Dennis

Y/Ns Pov

Duke and I were competing in this charity match with the rest of AMP and Beta Squad. It was a match to see who can have the most bags on their side of the court when the time ends.

We were getting split into teams now as it was two per team and there were 12 of us.

Duke and I got put together
Kai and Niko got put together
Fanum and Kenny got put together
Aj and Chris got put together
Sharky and Davis got put together
Agent and Chunkz got put together

The first match was Kai and Niko vs Fanum and Kenny. Kai actually looked serious for once and as they started playing Duke was sitting next to me trying to hype me up to beat whoever we were going to play against.

As Niko and Kai won they got put into the bracket to vs against whoever won the next one.

The next match was Chris and Aj vs Agent and Chunkz. I put my head on Dukes shoulder watching the intense game play out as each team had an equal amount until Aj sprinted to grab a bag from Agent brining it back to Chris who won.

The next match was Sharky and Davis vs Duke and I. As I held onto all the bags Duke brought back so the boys couldn't steal them. Duke being fast asf won us the round which put his in the next bracket.

The next match was Niko and Kai vs Duke and I and whoever won this round faced Chris and Aj for the winners title.

The game was intense as Niko picked up on my technique grabbing the bag with me on it and just carrying it to the other side. I gave up that tactic and just started running back and forth grabbing bags with Duke. Duke and I won which means we have a chance to win the whole charity match and get to donate 5,000 dollars to the charity of our choice.

The announcers of the match gave me and Duke a five minute break to get water and recuperate before going head to head with Chris and Aj.

The five minute break ended as us and the other team were getting ready to start running back and forth grabbing bags. I looked over at Duke who was looking ahead of him with mean eyes and a straight face. I didn't say anything but rubbed his arm a little as we walked back to the court.

The announcer blew the whistle as we all sprinted at the bags taking everything we can before having to steal from the other person. As we began stealing Chris looked like he was holding on to Duke who was trying to steal bags and Aj ran back and forth.

I let it go looking at the time only seeing 20 seconds as Chris let go of Duke. Duke grabbed 5 bags putting it all down his arms quickly walking to our spot as the bell rung.

Chris laid on the ground on his back catching his breath as Duke also laid down but on his stomach.

As all of the boys who were watching us were talking to eachother I heard Duke trying to talk. I got closer to him as he started saying "I can't breathe I can't breathe"

Aj heard his breathy voice and screamed "OH SHIT MEDICS WE NEED MEDICS" As the Medics ran onto the court we were on I saw all the filmers stop recording and all of the boys looking at Duke with worry on their faces.

The medics got Duke sat up as all of the boys backed up giving him air, Duke reached for my hand which I grabbed sitting down next to him. I rubbed his back holding his chin keeping his head up because you don't get a lot of air when you're looking down.

"Did we win?" I heard his breathy voice ask as he was still struggling to breathe. "Duke don't worry about that right now breathe baby" "Did we win?" He asked again, but I didn't know because the announcer never told us. "Duke stop worrying try to breathe baby" I told him as he rolled his eyes and took a deep breath in before exhaling out.

"Okay good do that again" A medic told him putting a stethoscope to his chest hearing his heartbeat slow down and the medic smiled which made me smile. "One more team please Duke" He said as Duke inhaled in again.

At this point all of the boys went into the lounge room playing video games because I told them i'll tell them when to come back and to give Duke air.

I looked back at Duke as the medics looked at me smiling. "Okay I think he's good but just don't have him do anymore cardio like that for the next 20 minutes" The medic said referring to the game we just played. "Okay thank you"

The camera crew all went outside to talk so it was just me and Duke in this gym. It was quiet for a bit as I wanted him to breathe a little before talking again.

"I think I need a hug" He said breaking the silence opening his arms standing up. I looked up at him smiling before getting up quickly hugging him around his neck as he tightly hugged me around my waist. I felt him let out a breath he was holding, holding onto me tightly not wanting to let go soon.

"Babe do you want me to get the boys so we can figure out who won?" I asked him after 10 minutes of silence and hugging. He broke the hug and smiled nodding his head and I nodded smiling back at him.

I walked to the lounge room seeing Kai, Chris, Fanum, and Kenny on their phones as the rest of the boys were playing Fifa on the playstation. "Guys Duke is okay and he wants to know if he won so you guys can come back but please don't bombard him he's still trying to breathe" I told them as they all looked up from what the were doing nodding at me and getting up walking behind me.

I walked into the gym first seeing Duke sitting on a bleacher as I went to sit down next to him he put his head in my neck wrapping his arms around my body hugging me again as I wrapped my arms around his waist. The rest of the boys sat somewhere on the bleachers as the cameras started rolling again and the announcer went to the middle of the court announcing who won.

"So today for this charity match we had 12 amazing guests but only two can win. As we saw before the final match was Y/N and Duke vs. Chris and Aj and the winner of the challenge is..... DUKE AND Y/N" The announcer said as Duke hopped up grabbing me picking me up hugging me tightly as I smiled enjoying the moment.

He put me down as we walked hand in hand to grab the trophy the announcer was holding. "I'm so glad we won baby" He told me looking down as I looked up at him smiling.

———————————————————————————
I got this idea from love island games😁😁
1228 words!!!