Chapter Six

*Skin to Skin Contact with Myla*
Denver, Colorado
12:40am,

"We became parents now," Michael smiled as he bonded with Jamal and their newborn daughter. She was dressed up in a pink onesie and the beanie that Sylvia's mom bought for her. In fact, Myla was asleep on her mother's chest as Michael comes to bond with their baby.

Jamal Murray: your mommy loves you so much

Michael Malone: yep. Daddy loves you too Myla.

Somehow, the teammates had known that Jamal had a baby with his own head coach. Like for instance, they had reacted that Jamal became pregnant with Michael Malone's baby. At that moment, his father didn't seem to be impressed with Michael dating Jamal and Jamal tells them that not in front of the baby. "Dad, not in front of my baby," Roger sighs and went to the baby. "I'm sorry Myla, your Grandpa Roger has to protect your Mommy Jamal,"

"Dad, what's going on? How come you confronted him?" He felt compelled. "It's because you're young Jamal and then moments later, he got you pregnant?" He nodded and said that he was pregnant with his own head coach's baby even Michael had plans to start a family on his own. "I know what's happening but I'm just in shock. He's my head coach for the Denver Nuggets, but I get that he was the father of my baby," Jamal said trying to ease his father's anger. "I'm sorry my Jamal, your dad was looking after you," Baby Myla starts crying indicating that she was hungry. "Don't worry, mommy will feed you," Later on, Jamal starts breastfeeding Myla and Michael heads back to the bedside to be with him. "I'm sorry that my dad was upset that I was expecting a baby with you," It got to the point where he was trying to convince him knowing that it happened. Well they didn't know he was expecting a baby with his own head coach. "It's okay honey love," Michael said kissing him on the forehead. "What's important is that we have our little baby," he was so proud that Jamal gave birth to a baby girl. In fact, Michael would tell Jamal that they will have more children together whether he likes it or not.

Michael Malone: so Jamal I know that you don't want me to marry you because you're young, but that being said: we get to have more children whether you like it or not. Not only you're my girlfriend, but you're my Queen.

He planted a kiss on Jamal's forehead as they begin their journey together as a family.

~ 2 weeks later ~

3am

Jamal wakes up to hear the sound of baby Myla crying. Michael Malone went to the crib and asked. "Awwww little Myla, what's the matter?" It turns out that something was wrong with the baby in which Jamal was concerned for their little bundle. She was having breathing problems and noticed she was having high temperature. Jamal started sobbing.

Jamal Murray: babe I don't want to lose my baby

Michael Malone: don't worry honey love, we'll take her to the hospital.

They went to the hospital to figure out what was going on as the doctors took her to the intensive care unit. She was a healthy baby that would came out after Jamal had birthed her. He would be crying for his daughter while the doctors were using the machine to remove the mucus from the baby's lungs. Not only did they do their job to remove the mucus, Myla will be observed for 3 days before being released from the hospital

{ 3 days passed }

Myla is taken home from the hospital as Michael Malone has the nebulizer to help her breathe. Somehow, Myla would be crying as Jamal was trying to get her to calm down. He cradled her on the back and said. "You're fine Mylie-poo, Mommy has you," She continues to cry loudly. He begins soothing a crying baby as Michael placed the nebulizer to help her breathe.

Jamal Murray: I'm worried for our baby.

Michael Malone: I know my love, don't worry we'll figure out what to do, okay?

Even when Myla had croup, they were given by the doctors for her cough and did the routine until the process is completed. Later on, Jamal fell asleep along with Myla and hoped that the mucus on the airway will soon go away and heal.