Chapter Sixteen

~ Bonding with Maisy ~
Denver, Colorado
6:45am,

15 minutes after a very hard birth that Jamal had to go through,

It was 6am in the morning with Maisy crying. Michael Malone smiled seeing the newborn laying down on her mother's chest. Meanwhile, Sylvia and Roger cleaned up the yellow fluids and blood around Jamal's areas. She looked so much like her father. "She's a very healthy baby girl," Michael said softly. "She is babe. Plus, just like you promised. We will have more children," He added. "But for now, we'll focus on Myla and Maisy first," "Okay," Michael nodded. Next, their firstborn daughter came to see her parents. "Mommy daddy," Myla ran to Jamal and Michael.

Michael Malone: Myla, come meet your baby sister.

Myla: Hi.

Michael Malone: That's Maisy.

Myla holds her baby sister and whispered. "Hi Baby sister, I'm Myla," Michael took a photo of Myla holding her baby sister along with Jamal who was still resting after the birth of their second baby. "Daddy, is mommy okay?" She asked. "Yes, your Mommy's alright. He's resting after the birth of your baby sister," "Okay daddy, Mommy." Jamal chuckles seeing his daughter bonding with her baby sister.

Later on, his father enters the room to check on Jamal. "How are you feeling?" "I'm okay dad, still tired from pushing the baby out," He replied with his weary voice. "I see, try to rest for now and don't forget to take a shower before bed," His father left the room for the family to bond with Maisy.

Next, his teammates came to see the baby while Jamal is still resting. "So how much did she weigh?" Nikola asked. "Nine pounds and eight ounces," Jamal replied. "My goodness! That's a big baby. Were you okay?" Nikola's jaw dropped when he heard that he had birthed a nine pound baby. They were at home to visit baby Maisy.

"I was fine, but still very sore due to the fact that she was heavy at birth," Jamal explained to Nikola Jokic about his experience with childbirth and he became unaware that the baby was going to be a bit bigger than Myla. "It happens bud and I know babies can get bigger when you don't expect them," He added. "Even if you plan to have another baby, just don't think too much about it," "I know Nikola," He said. While his teammates were getting to know the 2nd baby, Maisy started crying indicating that she was hungry.

Jamal Murray: I think she's hungry.

Nikola Jokic: sorry Maisy, I'll give you back to your mommy.

Nikola hands baby Maisy back to Jamal. Later on, Jamal begins breastfeeding Maisy. Nikola and the teammates came by to talk with Jamal and letting him know that they will come by to visit when Michael Malone goes to the coaching seminar. "See you later auntie and uncle," Myla said. Michael Malone comes to the room to bond with Jamal, Myla and Maisy. Myla held her baby sister as they were photographed together by Jamal's father.

Caption: welcome to the world baby Maisy. (Maisy Murray-Malone.) 👧🏻💖🎀🍼

The fans were congratulating them for the new addition to a family member.

Fan: congrats Momma! You were so brave!

Female fan: our Jamal is a great mom to his kids.

Myla sat on the bed and snuggled beside her mother. In fact, everyone in the family did have a very long day after the birth of their second baby. Next, Jamal was sent to the hospital by his dad to make sure that he and Maisy were okay and yet, they were in good health and good spirits. Few days later, they were discharged from the hospital as Jamal was rested on the bed holding baby Maisy. Myla was happy that she is now a big sister to Maisy. In those days, Michael Malone is bonding with the newborn while Jamal is resting on the bed.

Myla: Daddy, she's so adorable.

Michael Malone: yep that's why your mommy Jamal is a strong mother. Perhaps, your aunt/uncle Lamar was the one that filmed your mommy pushing the baby out.

However, Michael knew Jamal and him were planning not to show Myla the birth video because she wouldn't want to see her mom go through the pain of birthing the baby and the gross parts. It will only be on Michael Malone's camera roll in which it had the video of Jamal going in labor with Myla their first baby and then Maisy. Somehow, Michael managed to take a several snapshots of Jamal including the first one when Myla was born and then the second one was Maisy.

Side Note: Myla was born on June 8, 2017 and Maisy: July 11, 2019.

He was amazed and impressed on how strong Jamal was during the toughest parts of childbirth. "You were very brave honey love," Michael said kissing him on the forehead. "I bet I am," Jamal agreed.