Chapter Nine

Myla's Milestones

Myla- 8 months old
Denver, Colorado
8:00am,

Myla crawls to his parents while they were both asleep. Jamal wakes up to see his baby daughter snuggling up next to him. "Oh look Honey love, it's our daughter," "Oh yeah, that's right! It's our daughter," They were bonding together after they had a scare due to the fact that Myla had mucus in her airway and even she was experiencing croup due to the virus when someone on the other side were sneezing (Lamar Murray was the one that came down with a cold while holding Baby Myla.) "I was so worried for our little Myla," Jamal told him. "I mean I am her mother and she was growing in my belly for 9 months," "I know honey love," Michael replied. "I felt worried about our baby girl,"

"I mean you know, I gave birth to our baby girl," He added. "But then I know that our little bundle will be alright," Somehow, Jamal suspected that Myla had a croup when Lamar was the one that came down with a cold while holding his niece. In fact, he wasn't angry with Lamar due to the fact that he didn't know any better. "When Lamar came to visit us, I noticed he was having a cold, but Myla didn't seem to have any problems with her aunt/uncle hanging around," "I see and I didn't know Lamar was your little brother," "I know, but it's fine. He's better now," He replied.

At this point, Lamar didn't know his older brother had a baby with his head coach because Jamal didn't want Lamar to know that he was pregnant with his first baby. "So your head coach got you pregnant?" He asked. "Well yeah because we were fooling around. Perhaps, I felt like a total embarrassment when I dated him," "There is nothing to be ashamed of honey love," Michael said placing his hand on his cheeks. "I mean you and Myla are my precious gems and nothing can ever change that," Yet, Michael Malone would always have the lock screen on his phone with the photo of Jamal and their 8 month old daughter Myla.

Jamal's POV: watching the NBA game with my boyfriend.

Side note: Jamal is breastfeeding his 8 month old daughter Myla while at the bench where her dad was on the chair writing on the clipboard.

It was during the 2nd quarter as he was feeding the baby as Michael Malone was on the bench writing the transitions on the clipboard. Although, Jamal was seen breastfeeding his 8 month old daughter Myla. (Don't worry, he's using his mother's scarf for the cover up, so no one can see what Jamal was doing haha.) "Sorry about that babe, she's very hungry that's all," "No worries," Michael smiled. "I'm sure she'll be satisfied in no time," In fact, no one seemed to be bothered with him feeding the baby. Even the fans who were few feet away from him know what it was like to be a mother. "Don't worry at all Jamal, I'm a mom as well," She said. "Babies need to eat right?" He nods. The other fan looked at Myla.

Fan: you looked so much like your mom. No wonder why your mommy Jamal is a great player

Jamal Murray: yes she's been with me while Michael is at work.

After interacting with the fans during the game, Myla sits on her dad's lap playing with the clipboard. "How's my little Myla doing?" She was squealing just like any happy baby would do. Ever since Jamal had a baby with his own head coach, he knew that he never stopped being a mom to his little baby. Somehow, Jamal's dad side of the family didn't approve of Jamal dating a head coach when they found out that he was pregnant. It was a shock at first because Michael had whispered to Jamal and said: let's have children together. Even when Jamal was still a baby himself and a teen. In some cases, Jamal had gone through the painful process of childbirth just to bring their little girl to the world.

- after the game -

Michael comes home from the game only to find Jamal and Myla in the master bedroom sleeping. He smiled knowing that they were both his precious babies. He takes a quick shower, changes into his pajamas and snuggles with them.