Chapter Fourteen

*Jamal Murray POV: Staying home with Myla and Michael Malone*

Jamal Murray- 8 months and 38 weeks pregnant

Denver, Colorado
7:00am,

Michael wakes up to see Jamal and his 2 year old daughter Myla sleeping as he greets Jamal. "Good morning honey love," "Good morning Babe," Jamal puts his hand on Michael's cheeks. Myla stretches her arms out. "Good morning Mommy and Daddy," "Good morning little Myla," They said holding her. Next, they went downstairs to the dining room to have breakfast before going upstairs to relax and watch some TV. However, Jamal felt the baby moving in his womb and would be kicking. "Everything okay there baby girl?" Jamal talked to his baby bump. The baby used the kick as an answer. "Oh okay, that means everything is good. You'll be staying here in my tummy until you're ready to come out,"

30 minutes later,

Michael Malone wraps his arms around Jamal's baby bump and placed a kiss on his neck. Myla falls asleep and snuggles next to Jamal. Somehow, she was awakened by the baby's movements and started giggling.

Jamal Murray: I see that you're watching your baby sister move around your mommy's belly.

Myla: She's moving mommy.

Michael Malone: awwww Mylie poo, are you watching the baby move around your mommy?

Myla: Yes daddy, she is moving.

Michael Malone: I see.

Jamal Murray: Babe, I'm bored.

Michael Malone: Me too.

Jamal Murray: all we could do is sleep.

Michael Malone: yep.

They were asleep together in bed while Myla is sleeping. Somehow, Michael Malone treated Jamal like the Queen that he deserves and they have their little princess on their side. Yet, he would do what he can to make sure he and his family are safe. Although, Jamal had hoped that the birth would be easier than the first one. In fact, he has the satin nightgown ready for the birth of their second baby. (Note: Jamal is wearing a pink  satin nightgown and his baby bump was protruding from his dress.)

However, Jamal had a feeling that the baby was going to be a bit bigger than the first one since he has a very strong appetite which he eats a lot during his pregnancy. Next, Jamal's grandmother comes over to the house for the breathing exercises to help him prepare for the birth of his baby to keep him calm in case Jamal goes in labor. For the backup, Michael accompanies him and joins in for the breathing techniques.

Jamal Murray: Babe, what if it starts hurting every time I had to breathe through the contractions?

Michael Malone: just keep breathing love and when someone tells you to push, just try to breathe in and do what your body tells you okay?

He nodded and continues with his breathing exercises. Second, Jamal's grandmother will help Jamal open up his pelvic floor for the baby's head to fit through his pelvis.

Myla comes in to snuggle with Jamal and asked why her mommy is still doing the breathing exercise.

Myla: Daddy, why is mommy feeling nervous?

Michael Malone: your mommy is not feeling nervous, he's just doing the breathing exercise so that he will be prepared when he gives birth to your baby sister.

Myla: Okay.

After the breathing exercises, Jamal's grandmother will monitor for any signs of contractions and water breaking. Thankfully, nothing has happened yet. Jamal wanted to do the hospital birth since he wanted the doctors to monitor the progress of his childbirth. He will be doing the normal delivery. In some ways, Jamal has never tried the unassisted birth in which he could try to give birth without any help.

Jamal Murray: you know what I haven't experienced?

Michael Malone: what?

Jamal Murray: Unassisted birth.

Michael Malone: really?

Jamal Murray: yeah because I've seen a lot of people and young NBA players doing the unassisted birth.

Michael Malone: you sure about that?

Jamal Murray: Yes I'm sure. Besides, I don't need a midwife, I can try pushing the baby out on my own.

Sylvia's Mom: wait! What does he want?

Michael Malone: He wants to do the unassisted birth, but Jamal needs help with the process of the childbirth.

Sylvia's Mom: oh okay.

His grandmother started wondering the same thing.

Sylvia's Mom: jamalu, limadha turid 'an taqum bialwiladat bidun musaeadatin? (Jamal, why do you want to do the unassisted birth?)

Jamal Murray: aljadatu, 'aradt 'an 'uhawil dhalika. eilawatan ealaa dhalika, 'ana last bihajat 'iilaa qabilatin. (Grandma, I wanted to try it. Besides, I don't need a midwife.)

Sylvia's Mom: lakinak tahtajin 'iilaa qabilat ya eazizati, fala 'urid 'an tamri biwiladat saebat lilghaya (But you need a midwife my dear, I wouldn't want you to go through a very hard childbirth.)

Jamal Murray: ya 'iilahi! limadha la 'astatie 'an 'afeal ma 'urid 'an 'afealahu? (Oh my goodness! Why can I not do whatever I want to do?) 😤🙄

He went upstairs to his master bedroom as his grandmother had to catch up with him.

Sylvia's Mom: jamal aintazar! (Jamal wait!)

She went to the master bedroom giving him a comfort. Perhaps, she found him laying on the bed with the Angry Birds Green pig pillow.

Sylvia's Mom: aelam 'anak turidin 'iijra' wiladat dun musaeidatin, lakinak bihajat 'iilaa qabilatin. asmae, yumkinuni 'an 'akun alqabilat alkhasat bik sawa' 'aejabak dhalik 'am la. (I know you wanted to have an unassisted delivery, but you need a midwife. Listen, I can be your midwife whether you like it or not.)

Jamal wiped the tears on his face when his grandmother had told him that he needed a midwife to help him out with his baby.

Sylvia's Mom: la bas ya jamal, 'aelam. waqila: 'ant bihajat 'iilaa qabilatin. sa'akun alqabilat alkhasat bik wayumkinuk 'an tajeal walidak rujar bimathabat dula. sayajeal wiladatak 'ashil. (It's okay Jamal, I know. That being said: you need a midwife. I'll be your midwife and you can have your dad Roger as a doula. He will make your birth easier.)

Jamal Murray: hsnan, lakin limadha sayakun 'abi hu dualan khasati? (Okay, but why is dad going to be my doula?)

Sylvia's Mom: li'anah ahtadank eindama 'anjabtuk walidatak silfya wakunt tflaan fi dhalik alwaqtu. 'ant alan 'um waladayk tifl akhar fi altariqi. (Because he held you when your Mom Sylvia had you and you were a baby back then. Now you're a mom and you have another baby on the way.)

She looks at Jamal's nails on her hands and feet.

Sylvia's Mom: hal antahayat min eamal almanikir walbidikir? (Did you get your mani/pedi done?)

Jamal Murray: naeam aljada. sadiqi fiel dhalik bialnisbat li. (Yes Grandma. My friend did it for me.)

Sylvia's Mom: tabdu jamilatan ealayk ya jamal. 'iinah yutabiq thawb alnawm alwardii alkhasi bik. (Looks lovely on you Jamal. It matches your pink nightgown.)

Jamal Murray: shukran aljada. (Thanks Grandma.)

Michael Malone: Don't worry Honey Love, I'll look after our little Myla for us, so that your dad Roger can help you out.

Jamal nodded and smiled. Myla went to him and said. "Don't get upset mommy, Grandma and Grandpa will help you," She hugs her mom.

Sylvia's Mom: you know Myla, no matter how old your Mommy Jamal is, he is being babied by me. You know Michael, I babied my own pregnant grandson. Somehow, I can feel the baby's movements on his belly and the baby is growing in his womb.

Author's note:

Should Jamal have an unassisted delivery or no? He needs a doula and midwife to help him out with the baby? Tell me what you think.- Jessica