Chapter Eighteen

Maisy's Milestones

Maisy- 8 months old

~ Master bedroom ~
6:00am,

The two men and Myla woke up with Maisy cooing. She was learning how to crawl. "Mommy, why is Maisy cooing?" "She's learning how to crawl," Her mother replied. "Felt like yesterday when she was inside your mommy's belly," After finding out that Jamal was pregnant with another baby, Roger's family sides became surprised when he was expecting another baby. Although, Michael Malone had the great opportunity when Jamal gave birth to a baby girl even with him going through several hours of labor and screaming just to bring their little bundles to the world. Michael always witnessed the life changing moments when he became a father since he started dating Jamal. (Michael had a desire to date someone that was younger than him.)

Michael Malone: if I remember correctly, I was coaching for you and your teammates, but then I realized I wanted something different. I wanted to date someone that's younger than me.

Jamal smiled at the fact that Michael Malone wanted to meet a person that would spend the rest of his life with and took the relationship to a whole new level. After getting to know each other for three or more weeks, Jamal became pregnant and it was an unplanned pregnancy due to the fact that he was linked with the Nuggets Head Coach.

Michael Malone: you know it makes me feel at home when you were pregnant with our Myla.

Jamal Murray: tell me about it. We were relaxing together in our bedroom but I was wearing a bra.

Michael Malone: Well you looked beautiful wearing that, you could've worn it when you were giving birth.

Jamal Murray: I know, but Mom wants me to wear a nightgown during birth.

Michael Malone: Oh okay.

In fact, someone from Jamal's dad side of the family didn't seem to be happy with Jamal being pregnant with Michael's baby and would ask why he was having a baby with a head coach. Michael fell in love with him first. They were dating for 3 weeks only to find out that he and Michael were expecting a baby together. Jamal explained that he was afraid to get in trouble with his family member because of his age and pregnancy. He knew that he would never stop being a mom to his two kids. Michael felt lucky to have a girlfriend by his side. Yet, they were planning to have their future together especially to give the children the opportunity for them to grow up with their parents and families. In fact, they plan on expanding a family in the future. They were planning to have more children.

When they were eating at IHOP,

Maisy lets one rip while she sat on the high chair. Jamal started laughing when Myla said. "Mommy, Maisy just tooted," "No worries Babe, I'll take her to the bathroom," He takes Maisy to the restroom to change her diaper before returning to the seat for the family brunch.

1 week later,

They were at home for the weekend as Michael and Jamal were watching their eight month old daughter learning how to crawl. "When I was pregnant with our Myla and Maisy, they were moving around in my belly," He chuckled. "But when I had Maisy, she was bigger than Myla," "I remember, she was a big baby," Michael said.

Jamal Murray: But I didn't expect her head to fit through my birth canal.

Michael Malone: I know.

Jamal Murray: I mean you were trying to help me that's all. Trying to get Maisy to rotate her position in my womb.

Michael Malone: Yep and you knew you were desperately trying to get her to come out by changing positions.

Jamal Murray: I planned on standing just to push the baby out, but I said: Nah, that will take longer and I would be more tired, so I chose to push on the bed instead.

Michael Malone: yep and also you were-

Maisy crawls to her father. "That's my Mylie Poo right here," Michael found it very satisfying when it comes to starting a family on their own. Perhaps, Jamal looks back on the day when he was starting a family with his own head coach. Well, he's not just a head coach, he was his boyfriend and a father to his kids. They had children together including Myla and Maisy.

"Mommy, are we going out today?" Myla asked. "Not today Mylie Poo, your mommy went to the game yesterday," Jamal replied. In fact, they didn't need to hire a babysitter since he and Michael brought the two girls with them as Nikola was the one that babysat Myla and Maisy. Somehow, he was the first one to become a mom while playing for the Denver Nuggets.

Michael Malone's POV:

I can't believe my Maisy is growing up so fast, it felt like yesterday when she was born at home. Being a father to my kids was the biggest blessing of all and I couldn't ask for a better life. Yet, Jamal would always tell me that he loves being a mother and yes! He's a wonderful mother to my kids.