Chapter 1: Distance Relatives?

Natsume's POV

   5 years later

   I was in the car with Yui.  Why did father send Yui to a distance relative we don't know.

   Flashback

Father: Yui. I'm going on a business trip so I'm sending you to a distance relative of mine. So pack up and change.
Yui: I'm leaving right now?
Father: Yes. I have to go early.
Yui: Okay father.
   Yui went to her room to pack.
Natsume: Father, Why are you sending Yui to a relative we don't know? She could of stayed at the church.
Father: I just want her to be safe and go to my trusting relatives.
Natsume: Then I'm going with her.
Father: You can't.
Natsume: Why?
Father: Y-You just can't.
Natsume: Watch me, I'm going with Yui.
   I went to my room to pack but father stopped me by grabbing my arm
Father: No! Yui can take care of herself!
Natsume: As her older brother I am not leaving her with strangers that I've never met, even if they are your relatives.
Father: Your not her real brother! You don't need to be there!
   After he said that he quickly shut is mouth. I was angry after he said that but it's true, I'm not her real brother. But, I love her like an older brother would. I have to protect her, she is my family. I will not fail to protect her like I did with my parents. I wasn't strong in the past but now I am. I will protect her, even if it cost my life.
Natsume: I don't care if I'm not her blood relative brother but I will protect her. So, let me go father.
    I grabbed my arm away from father's grip and went to my room to pack. I didn't hear the last words he said to me. The voice was small, filled with regret.
Father: It will cost your life, Natsume.

   Flashback over

   I was wearing my headphones, listing to music. I was listing to Shelter by Porter Roberson. I love his work and this song makes me feel sad. It reminds me of my past life. I looked at Yui, she looks worried.
Natsume: What's wrong Yu-chan
Yui: It's nothing Natsu. (That's what she calls me)
Natsume: I'm your brother. You can tell me anything.
Yui: It's just that, Why would father send me to a relative? I could have stayed at church. I..didn't want to move somewhere else.
Natsume: I don't know either but I don't have a good feeling about this.
Yui: I'm sure it would be okay Natsu. I mean, father sent us to a relative he trust and I'm sure they would take good care of us, right?
Natsume: I'm not sure but I'm trusting your theory Yui.
Yui: Natsu, why did you follow me?
Natsume: Because I want to protect you and I don't want to leave you alone to an unknown relative.
Yui: Thank you Natsu. Can you transform to a cat please? I want to pet you.
Natsume: Sure.
   I changed in to a black cat. I jumped on Yui lap as she pets me.
Natsume: Yui, why aren't you scared of me. I'm a demon.
Yui: Even if your a demon, you are still the Natsu I know and you wouldn't hurt me.
Natsume: Your the first human that's not afraid of me. You're strange Yui.
Yui: *giggles* Only to you.
   I looked outside of the window to see a big mansion. It was beautiful.
Natsume: Look Yui. We are almost there.
Yui: I'm nervous.
Natsume: Don't worry, I'm here.
   When the car stopped, I got off of Yui's lap and transformed back to a human. We got out of the car and got our suitcases.
Yui: Thank you mis-
   The car drove away before Yui can finish her sentence
Natsume: Jerk. Let's go Yui.
   We were walking to the door but it started raining
Yui: Kyaah! Let's go!
   Yui started running to the door but I walked slowly to the door. The rain felt nice.
Natsume: Yui, it's just a sprinkle of rain.
Yui: I don't want to be wet.
Natsume: Lets just knock on the door.
   Yui knocked on it.
Yui: It won't open.
   But then it opened by it self. We both looked at each other and went in. I'm sure everything would be okay.
I was wrong.