Chapter 27: Tears of Sorrow

Author's POV

   This begins with 'Cordelia' lounging on a chair on the upper part of the living room, talking to Richter who is sitting nearby. Reiji appears on the lower part.
Reiji: I recalled that Richter had a visitor but never imagined that it would be you
'Cordelia': It's been a long time and if only you weren't so stiff, you would look like Karl from when I first met him.
Reiji: Don't be needlessly invoke my father's name, as I find it seriously offensive.
'Cordelia': You don't need to be so standoffish, come closer.
    Reiji suddenly appears near the two.
Reiji: Scheming comes as naturally as breathing to you.
'Cordelia: I want to stay vibrant as long as I live. I'll tell you what I despises most. Boredom; because it's the most painful thing immortals like us have to endure. Do you agree?
Reiji: I agree since boredom doesn't suit you, death does.
'Cordelia': I'll take it as a compliment. Sit near me, I want to talk face-to-face.

   Reiji doesn't sit next to her.
'Cordelia': Are you being defensive? In that respect, you are like your mother. You suppresses your emotions and tries to hide what you feel.
   She ends by saying that,
'Cordelia': Beatrix met an useless, pathetic end.
   Reiji becomes annoyed, his facial expressions shows it.
'Cordelia: Did I hit a nerve~? Beatrix didn't seem to love you as much as Shu, her eldest son. I thought that you wouldn't mind me slandering Beatrix.
Reiji: I see how you turned my father and my brother, their uncle, against one another.
'Cordelia': Do you suggests that I'm the one who tore them apart. It makes me sound like the root of all evil! You could be right, I am the reason why Karl and Richter's once friendly relationship deteriorated.
Reiji: Their bond couldn't have been that strong if it could be ruined by a woman like you.
'Cordelia': You are remarkably observant for a son of Beatrix, I like you even more.

   'Cordelia' gets up and walks over to Reiji and she lowers his head.
'Cordelia': Your eyes look just like Karl's.
   She takes off his glasses.
'Cordelia': I'll let you in on my secret out of respect for your eyes. I came back to life to take revenge on Karl and I'll make him pay with his death.
   She then kisses his neck.
Reiji: Is this revenge for not loving you?
'Cordelia': It appears that you don't understand men and women yet. My desire to kill him is the greatest proof of my love.
Reiji: In other words you want to push your love upon him whether he likes it or not.
   'Cordelia' gets off a bit.
'Cordelia': You're certainly fond of speaking out of turn I will silence that mouth of yours.
    She kisses Reiji.
Reiji: Don't toy with me.
'Cordelia': I am becoming interested in you as a man.
Reiji: What about Ritcher?
'Cordelia': Richter doesn't object to what I do. I want to continue because we have all the time in the world.
Reiji: I rather pass because I am not attracted to corrupt women with loose morals.
   (Author: Burn!)
    She gets angry and slaps him.

   Natsume's POV

   Laito and Kanato manage to pass me and Ayato but Yui was able to get away.
Natsume: Don't worry, I'll save you Yui. Cordelia, get ready.

   I'M

   GONNA

   KILL

   YOU!!!!

   Author's POV

   We hear Laito on the lower floor telling them to stop fighting because their family. When he sees 'Cordelia', he says,
Laito: I thought the next time I would see you would be in Hell.
   She apologizes for not living up to his expectations.
Laito: It's better than he expected.
    Kanato walks up
'Cordelia': My little song bird! Can you entertain 'Mommy' with your beautiful singing voice like you used to?
Kanato: How is she here?
   Subaru then appears and tells them,
Subaru: Be quiet because neither of them belongs here. Get lost.
Richter: I put on a good show despite my inability to protect your mother.