Phil

-Dan's POV-

I push through everybody in the hallway trying to get to my class. It seemed like nobody even cared about getting to class on time anymore except for me.
I drag myself up the stairs and walk into the first door on my right.
Empty.
With the exception of like three kids who are always here before me.
I make my way to my seat and almost have a panic attack when I realize somebody else is sitting in it. The striking black hair took me by surprise and almost made me jump back. I didn't recognize him though so he must've been new. I wasn't the type of person to initiate a conversation so I just stood there studying the thick black layers that formed his hair.

After what seemed like forever he finally looked up. His face instantly cycled through almost ten different emotions. The most prominent ones being fear and maybe even guilt.
"Oh! Is this your seat? I'm sorry." He frantically started gathering his things "I'm honestly such an idiot."
"It's fine." I cut him off
He stops, still cradling half of his belongings in his arms, pens and pencils on the brink of tumbling onto the ground. He looks down at the table again before meeting my eyes. They were icy blue and beautiful. Their bright color was in stark contrast to his black hair and black ripped jeans. He had on a plaid long sleeve shirt. The slightly faded and crooked lines on the shirt were parallel to the layers in his hair. I continued looking him over until he spoke.
"Phil." He plainly states "I'm new here... As you can see."

"Hi.. Um I'm Dan."

"So is this seat next to you taken?"
I glare at the empty seat and wonder what I should tell him. No, it wasn't taken. Nobody ever sat there, but I didn't know if I wanted somebody to sit there. I enjoyed the quiet and he would most definitely want to make conversation.  
"Uh no. It's empty, you can sit there if you want." I wince hoping that I didn't just make a mistake.
He sits down and starts taking some folders out of his binder.
I sit next to him and nervously pull my things out of my bag.
I get extra nervous when I remember how embarrassing all of my folders are. He looks over and I cringe and want to sink into the wall, but his face widens in surprise and his voice raises a little bit.
"Oh my god! I never thought I'd find anybody that ever liked older video games! Also muse? Are you kidding me. I love muse!"
He keeps going on about bands and video games but I don't listen. I'm too distracted by him. Everything about him seemed perfect. I lean back in my chair and smile thinking I might actually be making a friend for once.