School

-Dans POV-

*the next morning

I can't believe he kissed me.
And I can't believe that I just walked out.
What the hell was i thinking?
I feel horrible. I like him! But something in my body was telling me that it was wrong.
Why am I acting like this is the worst thing that's ever happened to me? I'm sure it's 100% worse for Phil. I mean he must feel so bad because I rejected him. What kind of person just runs away like that. i didn't even have the decency to talk to him about it. I couldn't even pull myself out of bed to go to school because I couldn't bare to see him. 

"Honey?"
The knock at the door startled me.
"Uh yeah"

"Are you ready yet? You have to leave in ten minutes and you haven't eaten yet."

"Oh, yeah I'm almost ready and I'm not hungry."
I really didn't feel like throwing up today, thanks.

I reluctantly get up and throw a black tee on then frantically try to straighten my hair without burning myself.
I grab my bag and rush down the stairs.
"Here."
My mom practically shoves a granola bar in my face.
"Just in case you get hungry later." She smiles and hands it to me.
Her smile lights up the whole room. I was anxious and felt like shit, but her smile made my day slightly better. 
"Thanks."

"Hey, are you okay?" she furrows her brows and looks at me in a concerned manner

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Alright.. have a good day!" she sounded skeptical of my answer, but I just smile and walk out the door.
~~~
This is horrible.
I'm sitting in my car in the school parking lot wondering when I'm going to get out.
I'm so freaking scared. I'm the least confrontational person ever. 
What if we never talk again. What if he's actually an asshole who calls me out in class about being gay even though he's the one that kissed me. I pull myself together as best as I can and step out of my 2001 Mazda that is in dire need of a wash.
"Well, here goes nothing." I whisper to myself.

I walk through the front doors and swiftly make my way to my first period.

I slowly stretch my neck around the door to see if Phil is here yet, and celebrate to myself when he's not in his seat. I must have celebrated to early though, because to my surprise Brady was in class early.
I walk into the room with my head down and try to avoid looking over in his direction.
"Hey Nancy-boy"
Shit.
"What do you want?"
I place my things on my desk, then turn around. I almost stumble backwards when I see Brady. He looked horrible. Bruises and cuts covered his swollen face. His knuckles were scabbed over and blood stained.
"Oh yeah, I guess you haven't seen what that little prat did to me. You ready to look like this?"

"I didn't do anything."

"Right. You didn't do anything. You stood back and let it happen."

"No." I say under my breathe

"What?" He takes a step closer to me and I swear I can feel his breathe. "I have a pretty nasty concussion. Doctors said if it was any worse I might have to stop playing football. I'm already out for a month!"

"Good, maybe we'll actually win some games."
Dan: 1
Brady: 0
His eyes narrow and he takes a step closer and raises his hand to hit me, but Is called off by one of his friends.
"Brady, really? You just got in a damn fight yesterday and you clearly lost. Why not take a break?"
He glares at the girl and then back at me before making his way back to his little group. I have a feeling that girl might actually get flogged, but she saved my ass.
I take my seat and start neatly arranging my things on my desk to give my brain something else to do other than just panic.  
I put my folders and my binder in the corner and my two pencils at the end of the table. The table must've been slightly tilted because one of my pencils rolled off the end and toppled to the ground. I sigh and bend over to pick it up.
When I'm sit back up, I catch a glimpse of something in the corner of my eye.
I turn to my right and see the one and only, Phil.
Except he barely looked like Phil. His whole face was red and purple and it looked like he had a disease because of all the swollen areas.
His knuckles were red as well and he had a long scrape on his arm.
We looked at each other for a long moment before I broke the staring contest and started writing something in my journal.
He did not look that bad last night. That means something happened last night after I left. Perhaps he got into another fight.
He looked really bad.
I sit there contemplating whether or not to say something to him. I honestly really don't want to but I know if I don't, I'll have a huge pit in my stomach.
"Look, Phil.."

"It's fine. You can just forget it ever happened."

Maybe I don't want to forget what happened, but for now, I think that would be the best option.
"So uh, what happened, and don't say it was a basketball accident because no basketball could do that to you."

"Would you believe me if I said Shaq dribbled all over my face?"

"No." I say sternly

"Woah, tough crowd tonight."

"What the hell happened Phil?!"

"Calm down. Why do you care anyway?" he said sternly.

"I may look like a heartless monster but I'm actually not."
He looks at me and squints his eyes questioningly.
"Four-wheeler. I hit a bump and flew off. face first into the ground."
Why would he be four-wheeling after i left? I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that he's lying but I push it away. Why would he lie to me? I mean either he's doing illegal stuff or what really happened was so embarrassing that he can't tell me.
"Okay."
He nods but I think he notices that I'm not completely on board with his explanation.

A/N
Okay so this was meant to be a longer chapter BUT IM SO DONE WITH IT! First off, I'm having  REALLY bad writers block so it took me almost a week to write 1000 words.
Anyways, thanks sooo much for 100 reads <3<3<3 I love yall.