I can't

-Dan's POV-

I lay on my bed thinking about earlier today.
Like
Damn
I mean I guess I'm glad that Phil beat up Brady, to hopefully teach him a lesson, but they had to practically carry him out of the room. He has a pretty nasty concussion and tons of bruises and cuts. He'll probably be scarred for a while.
~~~~
A buzzing next to me pulls me out of my thoughts.
I glance over at my night table and see my phone going off.
"Unknown caller"
Great. Another telemarketer.
I pick it up and the line is silent for a couple of seconds.
"Um hi. It's uh Phil. From school. And I'm sorry about earlier today."
I completely panicked because I was not expecting Phil to call me.
"Oh hey uhh it's fine, don't worry about it."
I try to sound all cool and not like my heart is about to beat out of my chest.
"Soo I was wondering if you wanted to come over and just like chill or something. I know I acted crazy this morning, but i just wanted to talk."
Chill or something? Was this really happening. Was Phil Lester really calling me asking if I wanted to go over and hang.
I practically got lost in my own fantasy of what we would do at Phil's house and I panic
"Yeah. That'd be great."
I just sounded overly excited. I don't want to sound desperate.
"Okay. See you here. I'll text you the address."
Maybe something good will actually happen.
My phone beeps
"Lyndhurst Road, London, NW3"
Wait
Lyndhurst? Isn't that where all the mansions are? Does he live in a mansion? Damn. He's even more out of my league now.

I get up off of my bed and look in the mirror.
I look like crap, but I don't have time to take a shower.
I change into some cleaner clothes and re-straighten my hair.

I look at my self one final time wondering what the heck I'm doing. I'm going to a mansion. The guy that I like lives in a mansion. The GUY that I like. I don't even know what I'm talking about. I don't even know if i like him. I honestly don't really want to be gay. I'll be treated differently. It's weird. I mean, we are all raised to believe we shall fall in love and marry the opposite sex, and I don't think I'm ready for the possibility that I might be gay.

I've never been interested in relationships anyways. I mean I know the basic principles of dating somebody and I've "dated" somebody before, but it never got super serious.

Why am I even thinking about a relationship when Phil is in my head. I don't have a chance with him, and if in some weird parallel universe I did have a chance with him, I'd be too scared to take it.

I grab my keys and open the door.
"Bye mom! Going to a friends house!" I yell, I figure she's in the kitchen or something.
"Is he a guy?"
She pokes her head around the corner and has a smug smile on her face.
"I don't like you!"

"That's okay! I don't like you either!" She says all cheery like.
I laugh before closing the door and hopping in to my car.
I turn the key and the engine roars to life. I put the address in my GPS and start the whole ten minute journey to Phil's.

I stand in his drive way with my jaw literally on the floor.
His house is massive.
Like insanely massive.
Like probably 18 whales could fit in there massive.
His parents must be awesome.

I nervously walk up the long pathway and finally arrive at his huge front doors.

I raise my hand, about to knock on the door, when it suddenly opens.
"Oh hi!" Phil brushes some fallen fringe out of his face, he looks out of breathe.
"Sorry I was just downstairs and I happened to see your car pull up."

"Yeah, uh hey."

"Oh, sorry. Come on in. Sorry if I seem out of breathe I was just doing some stuff around the house."

"Dude it's cool, no need to apologize."

I step into his house and practically gasp at the sheer size, not to mention what it was filled with.
Really fancy furniture, exquisite decorations, like vases, that probably belonged in an art museum.
I mean, it was honestly gorgeous.
"Dan?"