Back at it

-Dan's POV-

"Yeah." I answered pretty quickly. Hopefully not too quickly. I hope he doesn't think I'm desperate or anything. I don't even know what I want him to think. I mean yeah, it makes me happy that he still loves me but I don't know if we can ever be together again. I want to be with him but at the same time I really don't. It's so frustrating that he's such a lovable dick.
"So um..."

"Oh um you can like sit on the couch and change the channel if you want. Do you want something to drink?"

"No, I'm fine." He nods, then sits back down on the couch. "Have you eaten yet?"

"No. I haven't been hungry and I don't feel like throwing up."
I'm worried about him. He hasn't eaten much solid food in the last couple of days.
"You need to eat something."

"Not hungry."

"Doesn't matter. You haven't had much to each so even if you aren't hungry, you're body is hungry. You need food to get energy."

"What do you mean 'even if I'm not hungry'? Do you think I'm lying?"

"I never said anything about you lying."

"You don't have to. Do you really think I'm lying."

"I don't know what to think. You were just in the hospital. You need food though."

"Can you just stop?" He was practically giving me puppy eyes and he was obviously frustrated. I know it was probably stressing him to sit here and argue but it's also stressing him when he's not eating.
"Whatever."
He got back up and went into the kitchen, hopefully changing his mind about the food. I sat down on the couch for a minute or so before I practically started shivering. Why was it so cold in her house? I stood back up and decided to pretty much search her house to find a blanket or something. I didn't want to go into her room when she was probably asleep and there was another door through the kitchen, but because of the seclusion I figured that it was the master. Knocking those two out there was only one other room, other than the study. I hoped that it was a guest bedroom. I walked down the hallway and turned the knob as quietly as I could. For some reason I thought that she might be mad at me if she found me snooping around. I get the door opened enough to slip through and feel up the sides of the walls searching for the light switch. I finally find it and flip it on.
The room was a fair size, about the same as mine. The walls were a light gray and it was virtually empty. The only things in it was a king size bed and a nightstand with a lamp. Also, in front of the bed, against the wall was a TV stand with a smaller TV on it. It looked like nobody had been in here for awhile because you could still see the tracks of the Hoover.
"Watcha doin."
I literally almost screamed.
"What the fuck!?"
He just scared the fuck out of me.
"What?!"'he pushed his eyebrows together in confusion
"You literally just almost made me almost pee. You can't just sneak up on people like that."

"I'm not the one snooping around."

"I was looking for a blanket. It's freaking freezing in here."

"I know. I have a theory that she's actually a polar bear and has to live in cold temperatures, because humans do not live in places this cold."
He walks over to the bed, and I think that he's going to gab the blanket off the top, but he literally just pushes the covers aside and climbs on the bed and shuffles under the blankets. I give him a questioning look, but he just shrugs it off. He then grabs the remote off of the nightstand and literally turns on the TV and changes it back to the food channel.
"Really?"

"What?"

"You invite me over here and then expect me to sit out in the living room alone and watch TV freezing while you're in here?"

"Why would I expect you to do that? I figured you'd come sit here too."
As soon as he said that I only knew things were going to get worse.
"Already trying to get me back in bed with you I see."
He honestly looks a little surprised that I'd say something like that. I'm a little surprised at myself too. But I'm also kinda happy that I'm moving on already and I'm able to make jokes about it.
I considered my options and I think that turning around and running out is a worse option than whatever will happen if I get in that bed. I'm honestly not scared of what Phil would do. I'm scared of me. I'm scared that I'm stupid enough to do something like kiss him. I don't think Phil will pull something like that again. At least not for a while.
Well, yolo right?
I take a step forward but I'm stopped by Phil.
"Wait.. turn the lights off. I hate watching TV with the lights on."
I told you things could only get worse. I flip the lights off and slowly walk over to the bed, still feeling a bit uneasy about the situation.
I lift up the covers and slide my legs under and use a pillow to prop myself up against the backboard. Somehow apparently all of the arguing between us and screaming at the TV because people weren't cooking things right or added the wrong ingredients moved us closer together. Physically, I mean. The backs of our hands were now touching, and it didn't seem to phase either of us. So there we sat, watching bad cooking shows, with the backs of our hands touching.

A/N
Hey I'm sorry about this chapter it's crappy but lemme know what you think of it. Okay bye.