I'm an Idiot

-Phil's POV-

What did I just do?
I can't even believe that I just did that. 
I spent the last hour with him, playing video games and having fun, and I just blow it.
I fucking kissed him! I just got caught up in the moment I guess. 
What did I think was gonna happen though?
That he was gonna kiss back and we were gonna fall madly in love and runaway together and get married?
That doesn't happen.
At least not in my life.
The weight of what just happened should be crushing me and reducing me to a heap on the floor, but the feeling of rejection wasn't new. I dated more girls than I could count at my old school. Nearly went through the whole grade.
Even though i seemed to be handling the situation pretty well, I needed somebody to come and cheer me up.
I needed Meghan.

Meghan was my ex girlfriend who I was dating before I moved. We had been dating for almost seven months. That's crazy for me to date somebody that long. Most girls I dated were really popular or sluts. Meghan was the first 'normal' person I had ever been interested in. Her long brown hair fell right above her waist and was probably her most defining feature. It had natural beautiful curves to it, some strands waiver than others. Her eyes were a beautiful bright green, and the light spray of freckles across her cheeks, made it to where she didn't have to wear makeup.
She pretty much changed me for the better.
She taught me how to look on the inside of people rather than being quick to judge by what lies on the outside.
She was always open minded and although she was always nice to other people she always found a way to have fun.
It was the best relationship Id ever had, but we decided that it'd be better if we just stayed friends. 

I pick up my phone and dial her number. It had been a while since we talked, probably about four weeks or so.
"Phil?"

"Oh uh yeah it's me. Hi. Sorry I called I just-"

"Oh my god! It's so good to hear from you! How's your new school? I thought you ditched me for all your new friends or something cause you never called me."

"My new school is okay and yes I did ditch you. I have so many new friends." i say sarcastically

"Okay good, because I'm dating Corbin."

"What.." My heart skips a beat.

"Haha I'm joking. I would never date Corbin. Wow did you get scared though. You miss me?"
I can feel my cheeks burning red. I did get scared when I thought she was dating somebody else. I don't know why though. I thought I liked Dan. I thought I had finally told myself that I'm not getting Meghan back and I just need to get over her.
"Hello?"

"Meghan I just don't know I'm so confused and I need somebody to talk to."

"Well then get your butt over here and come talk to me."

"Thanks. I'll be there soon."
I hang up the phone and slide it into my back pocket before sneaking out my room and down the stairs. I don't even bother to see what I look like in the mirror because I'm just so done and I know Meghan won't care.
I get to the front door and place my hand on the knob. I've got the door slightly cracked, about ready to leave, when a booming voice startles me from behind.
"Where are you going?" It was my father.
"Nowhere" I roll my eyes and open the door but I'm jerked back and almost fall over. He has me by the collar of my shirt.
"Let go of me!"
I push his arm away and make a run for it through the door.
I run down the driveway and hop in my car. I don't look back until I'm in the safety of my car.
Nobody's there.
I might be dead by tonight but whatever. At least I'll get to see Meghan before I die.
~~~
It didn't take that long to get to her house and it looked exactly the same as it did when we were still dating. A small quant suburban house. I don't know why I expected it to be different, it's only been a couple of weeks.

I take a deep breathe and then knock on the door. Not a second later the door flings open and Meghan is standing there smiling at me.
"Hi!" She squeals a little before practically jumping on top of me. I hug her back, smiling.
After a while she releases me and motions for me to come in the house.
When we broke up it was a decision we both made together. We weren't seeing each other outside of school very often because of her busy schedule and my 'situation'. I'm thankful that it wasn't a bad break up and we are still able to talk and it not be awkward.

We walk into her bright purple room and she closes the door before joining me on the bed.
"So? What's up? How the new school!? Are there any hot chicks I need to watch out for?"

"More like hot guys." I say under my breathe
"You know I'm not deaf Phil."
I freeze
"Obviously. I'm joking Meghan."
I roll my eyes
"I know you aren't Phil. i know some guys you slept with back at our school. And also how can I ignore the fact that you are dressed in the gayest clothes possible."

"Jerk" I shove her down on the bed and pin her down with my hands on her shoulders
"Woah Phil, no need to get intimate."

"Shut up." I sigh and let go of her and lay down on the bed next to her.
We lay there looking at the ceiling together for the next minute or so.
"My new school sucks."

"I'm sorry. I wish I could move there with you."

"No you don't. The school is just filled with a bunch of dicks. I mean i kinda got into a fight today."

"Oh. I guess that's why it looks like you wrestled a lawn mower." She laughs
I look over at her with a pissed expression on my face.
"You just think you're so funny. Don't you?"

"I have no idea what you are talking about."

"I hate you."

"I know." She grins
I look back up at the ceiling until I'm startled by soft lips on my cheek.
"Actually, I think you love me."

A/N
Aye thanks for all the reads <3