Freak

Dan's POV

"Do you have an extra nipple!?"
I start laughing a little. I mean, what could possibly be so bad that Phil didn't want to show me.
"No... I wish." He said quite seriously. I immediately stop smiling and start worrying. What if it was something serious. What if he had cancer or something. I'm not sure you can see cancer though. What if he had boobs. 
"Well than what is it?"
He sighs and then takes off his shirt and tosses it to the side. I stand there jaw dropped, and terrified at what was in front of me.
"Holy fuck Phil."
His body was covered in white and red lines.
Scars.
I don't know where the hell he got them from but I have a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.
"Whe-where did you get those?" I motion towards his arms. He looks down and starts fiddling with his thumbs.
"Well... I don't know. I shouldn't have brought it up. I should've just kept my shirt on." He grabs his shirt and starts to slither back into it.
"Wait." I grab his arm
"Where the hell did you get these?" I started to get a little concerned. He gets defensive and pulls his arm out of my grip
"Nowhere."

"Phil! Where the fuck did you get those!"

"Where the fuck do you think!"
I take a step back. Did Phil do all of that to himself? What the hell kind of a person does that to themselves? Was he mentally unstable? Was he a psychopath?
"Is there something wrong with you?" It came out a little more dick-ish than I wanted it to but I needed to know.
"Excuse me?"

"I mean, why would you do that to yourself."

"Just because of this you think there's something wrong with me? Yeah, sure, I have this thing called my life and it sucks ass."

"So? You don't have to do that."

"Are you fucking kidding me? I decided to show you this because I thought that if you honestly liked me then you wouldn't care about this, if anything maybe you'd try and help but I guess I was wrong. If you're gonna be a dick then you should just leave."
He was right. I was being a dick. I don't know what got into me. I mean yeah something was wrong with him. He most likely had depression or something else like that, but he can't help that. He needed me to help him out and I just completely threw it all away.
"Did you not hear me? Get out!"

"Phil, wait. I'm sorry I didn't mean it. i just-"

"Just please leave."

"You don't understand-"

"I don't understand? I don't think you understand. I got bullied every single day. I got beat up. I had no friends whatsoever until junior high. Over the summer I had changed everything. My looks, my style I even changed the way I talked so that I could be liked by somebody. It worked. I became popular, but for some reason I had this hole inside of me. This hole made it feel like I was always alone even when I was surrounded by tons of people. So then I got a girlfriend, and another, and another, and another. I thought it would work, I thought it could fill that hole, but it never did. All it filled was the spot for the school slut. Yeah, I was that dickhead who slept with every girl in the school. I've only ever had one good relationship and-" he suddenly stopped and I could tell he was biting his tongue.
"And it- It didn't end well."
I could see him starting to tear up and for some reason I got jealous. That meant he still had feelings for somebody else and that made me mad. I'm not the one whose supposed to be mad.
"Hey, it's okay."
He sat back onto the bed with his head in his hands. I made my way over to him and sat down next to him. I went to put my arms around him but he jerked out of my grip.
"Don't touch me."

"okay" I sat about a foot away from him on the bed.
"I don't know how much this'll mean to you, but I genuinely am sorry. I just-I've never met anyone before like.. and I didn't know what to say and I really do like you and I want to help you get better- I just didn't understand why."

after a long silence filled only with the quiet tears of phil, he responded.

"it's okay. It's a normal reaction I guess. I don't know what else I would've expected. You're okay."
he lifts his head and wipes a final tear from his face before giving me a soft smile.

A/N
this chapter sucks so much lmao i'm sorry. BUT GUESS WHAT?! I GOT 500 READS that's so amazing.