Healing

-Phil's POV-

It only rang for a couple of seconds before he answered. I didn't know what to say. I didn't expect him to answer so I didn't really have a plan of what I was going to say.
"Hello." Good job Phil, you manage to say hello.
"Hi."
I really didn't know what to say but maybe this whole conversation will go smoother if I apologize first.
"I'm sorry."

"For what?" The way he said that was not the same way that Meghan said it. He didn't think I was innocent and he wasn't questioning why I was sorry. He knew everything was my fault and he was asking about what part I was sorry about.
"Everything. The cheating and the almost dying and the being a bitch."

"Okay."
What did he mean by "okay"? Like are we cool? Did he forgive me?
"Okay?"

"Yeah. Okay. What do you want me to say? That I forgive you and I want you back?"
Yeah actually that would be great.
I honestly still like Meghan but I know she doesn't look at me the same anymore. I don't think that she'd even consider dating me again. But Dan on the other hand, he still likes me even though he doesn't want to. If I found a way to get him back, I would keep him. I would never let him go and I would never ruin it again.
"Yeah."
I guess I waited too long to respond because Dan must've forgotten what he said.
"What?"

"Yeah. I would like you to forgive me and take me back, but I know that's a very small chance."

"Well, I don't even know. I don't think that we can ever be in a relationship together again. All of my trust in you is gone."
That's exactly what I expected him to say but it still hit me pretty hard. The fact that we'd probably never be in a relationship together. I just honestly needed to talk to him. What if he came over here? I mean it was almost midnight and he hated me and it was Meghan's house but I really needed to talk to him.
"Can you not be a bitch for like an hour?"

"Excuse me?"

"I mean can you come over to Meghan's house and actually talk to me instead of just being a bitch."

"I have a right to be a bitch."

"I know, but it'd just be nice if we could have a normal conversation."
I heard him mumble something on the other end of the like before sighing.
"Fine. I'll be over soon."

"Okay."
Neither of us said anything else so I just hung up. I got up off the couch and ventured back into Meghan's room. I popped my head through the doorway and she was in the same place as last time watching some sad movie.
"Hey, Dan is gonna drop by for awhile so we can talk."

"Okie dokie. I'll be in here, so you guys can chill in the living room or whatever."

"Okay."
I just turned back around and threw myself back on the couch and waited for Dan to show.

I was practically given a heart attack when Dan knocked on the door. I must've fallen asleep because it was almost 12:20. I was still trying to recover from my heart attack when Dan knocked again. Jesus calm down. I got off the couch and almost fell over several times on my way to the door. I finally made it and swung the door open to reveal an apparently not tired Dan.
"Are you okay? You look sick."
Thanks dude
"Yeah um, I just fell asleep because when you said you'll be over soon I actually thought you meant soon."

"It was only like thirty minutes. Give me a break!"

"Whatever."

"What is your problem? You call me over here at like twelve o'clock and then give me attitude about every little thing! Why did you even call me over here?"

"I don't know. I just thought we could talk."

"Oh yeah let's just sit down on the couch and have a normal conversation."

"Yeah. I thought I at least deserved one because you literally didn't talk to me at all in the hospital."

"You don't deserve anything! You're lucky I even came over here and I'm on the edge of turning around and waking back out."

"Can you fucking stop." I said it while tears were starting to pool in the bottom of my eyes.
"Yeah I made a mistake. It was a pretty big one but I'm sorry for loving two people so much that I couldn't break up with one of them. You think this whole thing is just some big joke and I was just playing both of you, but I wasn't. I truly loved both of you and I couldn't choose. I made a fucking mistake and I get that you're never going to forgive me for it but it doesn't mean that you can't be a decent person to me." I felt a tear drop from off my chin and I quickly wiped it away.
"Did you really?"
I give him a questioning look.
"Did you really love me?"

"Why would you ever think that I didn't? Everything that happened and everything that I said was real."
It was like we were having a staring contest. Nobody broke eye contact for the longest time until Dan looked past me and I heard shuffling behind me.
"Are you two done yelling yet?"
Meghan stood there in some fuzzy pajamas and slippers.
"Yeah, sorry."

"Okay well Dan you're in charge of him. Wake me up before you leave."
With that she just turned around and shuffled back into her room and closed the door behind her. I was still staring off in her direction when Dan spoke.
"But you also loved her just as much."

"Yeah, I guess I did."

"Do you still love her?"
I didn't know the answer to that question. I think I still did love her but I knew she'd never date me again, so there was no point in having feelings for her.
"No."

"Do you still love me?"
I hesitated for a moment but I already knew the answer.
"Yes."
"Do you still love me?"
He look down for a moment before taking a breath and saying the word I hoped he would say.
"Yeah."

A/N
Sorry for this really crappy chapter.