Dan

Phil's POV

I wonder through the halls aimlessly, tightly clutching a folded piece of paper. I had spent all morning staring at it making sure that there was no way I could walk into the wrong class. Regardless of how many times I looked at my schedule though, I still had a horrible sense of direction. 

I stumble up the stairs and I find the right door. I walk in and find that nobody else is in there so I mentally eeny meeny miny moe the whole room and find a desk close to the font to sit at. Nobody in Highschool sits at the front of the room right? maybe I'll get to sit by myself.

 I think about how different this school is from my old one. Everybody at my old prep school was organized and walked in single file lines. The halls were silent and there was seldom news of drugs or pregnancy. Any behavior like that wasn't tolerated and resulted in getting kicked out.  This school, just from the few moments I've been inside, seemed like it was filled with delinquents and future drop outs. perfect for me. 

Two more people had walked in, neither of them bothering to introduce themselves. One of them did give me a strange look, probably because he had never seen me before. 

I was attempting to hide my face from future classmates in a boring book when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. I turned my attention away from my biology book and looked to the side, only to be presented with the sight of a person, and a small heart attack. He just kinda stood there as if he was expecting me to make the first move. It took me a minute to realize I was probably in his seat and he was probably not having the best day.
"Oh! Is this your seat? I'm sorry." I kind of panicked and started frantically grabbing all of my things.
"I'm honestly such an idiot." 
"It's fine." He said to me, after a moment of hesitation. His voice sounded familiar and was soothing. I relaxed a little and placed my things back on the table and looked at him. He had on skinny jeans and a t-shirt, hazelnut hair and hazelnut eyes.

"Phil. I'm new here... As you can tell"

"Hi.. Um I'm Dan"
I decided that, out of all the people that had walked into the room so far, he was probably my best option to sit next to. 
"So is this seat next to you taken?"
He keeps looking from me to the seat. Great! I bet the seat isn't taken but he's acting like he wants it to be. He's the same as me. He just wants to be alone. 
"Um no. It's empty, you can sit there if you want."
I sigh, relived, and flash him a smile, even though his response came painfully. I sit down regretfully and start pulling out numerous folders and journals out of my bag and sloppily place them on the scratched up table.
I look down at my boring folders and frown. My previous school didn't allow stickers or anything on our school books. Dan started pulling out folders and a binder. I looked over and saw they were decorated top to bottom with stickers of bands and video games. All bands and video games that I liked. I lean over and start shamelessly sifting through his things.
"Oh my god! I never thought I'd find anybody that ever liked older video games! Also muse? Are you kidding me? I love muse!"
I was intrigued by him. I wasn't really as excited as I sounded, but I wanted to make a good first impression and my mindless excitement seemed to make him happy. 
"This is literally the best! Where did you get these? At my old school we had to have plain folders and it was so boring and stupid."
I look up and see the teacher stumble into the room and disappointingly look around and realize more than half of his class is missing. I lay back in my chair, hoping that this year will be better than the last.