post-lit

-Dan's POV-

My head was pounding like a bitch. I don't even remember what happened. I didn't even know where I was because every time I tried to open my eyes, there was so much light that it just made my head hurt ten times worse. I didn't hear much, just some chatting but I didn't care enough to listen to what there were saying. It's also smelled like weed. A lot of weed. I had forgotten for a minute where I was. I thought that maybe I had been knocked out and kidnapped, but sadly that wasn't the case. I remembered that I was at a party and I'm pretty sure I got drunk. And now I understand why everybody talks so badly about hangovers, because I literally couldn't move. I was nauseous and my head was hurting so much that if I had a gun in my hand, I'd probably shoot myself.
After maybe like thirty minutes I decided I should try to open my eyes again because I'll have to get up eventually. I painfully brought my hand over my eyes to try and block some of the sun out and I opened them. Everything was blurry at first and I couldn't really make out anything, so I just sat there and waited for my vision to clear up. It started getting a bit better and I just saw bodies on the floor. I thought some huge massacre went down or something, but then I saw bottles everywhere and realized that I wasn't alone. There were people passed out everywhere. There were also some people up and wandering around the room. I was pretty sure I was upstairs, which meant that I had to somehow get back down stairs. I was on a couch and I have no idea how I ended up here instead of on the floor. I tried to lift up my leg and it hurt so bad that I guessed I moaned and some people that were up heard me. Some guy came over with a glass of water and like four pills, probably aspirin.
"You'll need all those if you want to feel better any time soon."
It took me a while to process what he said but I eventually let out a faint thanks and I wasn't even sure if he heard me. I laid there maybe another fifteen minutes tryin to build up the courage to sit up. While I was waiting I got to see some other people on the floor wake up and it was pretty funny because they all tried to sit up and then gave up and went back to sleep. I painfully sat up and quickly downed the aspirin and water. I then decided I should get up and go downstairs and see if I could find Meghan, because at this point, the only thing I wanted to do was go home and lay down.
I'm really thankful that Zoë's stairs had handrails on the sides because I almost fell like three times.
The downstairs was somehow even worse than the upstairs. There were way more people down there and there was even like a half naked guy and don't get me started on the smell. It smelled like the McDonald's playground mixed with alcohol and weed and sweat and lost virginity. I was trying to make my way through the mangled bodies when I heard my name. I looked up and around trying to find the person but my vision was still slightly blurry and I couldn't see far.
"Dan can you hear me?"
It must've been Meghan because it sounded like a girl.
"Meghan?"

"Yeah it's me."
I looked up and she was standing right in front of me and scared the crap out of me, which made me jump and then made everything worse.
"Sorry. You look really bad Dan. Me and Zoë made some hangover teas that really help. Here I'll go get you one."
Meghan ran back off into the kitchen. So either she didn't drink last night or those hangover teas really help. I make it to the kitchen and there's people in there talking. I guess it's all the people that didn't drink last night because they were talking really loudly. So loud that my head was ringing. 
"Dan? Damn you look fucked."
I'd know that voice anywhere. It was Phil.
"Yeah."

"How much did you drink? I thought you weren't even gonna drink that much."

"I don't even remember."
About that time the strong smell of peppermint filled the room and woke me up right away.
"Dan come over here I have your tea."
I sat down at a table and started to sip on it. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever had before, but it was pretty bad. It was really minty with a bunch of other herbs in it and I think some orange in it. But I wasn't going to complain because I really wanted to feel better and not feel like jumping out a window because of my head.
I finished my tea and Megan came back over and took my cup.
"So how you feeling?"

"Actually a bit better, I think the tea helped, but I want to go home."

"Yeah I do too, but I think I'm gonna stay and help Zoë clean up afterwards but you can use my car."

"Okay cool, I'm gonna head home."

"Woah woah woah. I meant you and Phil can use my car. I'm not letting you drive. It'd be just as bad now as it would be if you were drunk."

"Okay." I turned to motion to Phil but he had left. "Where's Phil?"

"He went back upstairs I think, I'll go get him"
I didn't really like the thought of Phil driving because he could honestly just drive us off a cliff and be fine with it. Or he could purposefully make the car break down and then run off by himself and leave me all alone to rot away in the middle of nowhere.
"Um, Phil is in the middle of an intense non-beer pong game and he said he'll be a couple more minutes. So just sit tight and he'll be down in a few."
A couple of minutes turned into thirty minutes and I decided my time would be better spent if I just slept. So I did. I laid my head right on the table and fell asleep.
I don't know how long I was asleep but somebody was shaking me and telling me to wake up. As soon as my eyes opened, I felt like the gods had answered my prayers. My headache was much better, and I wasn't as sore,  and I could see and I was just feeling a lot better.
"Dan! Can you hear me? Are you ready to go?"
It was Phil
"God bless you Meghan for your magical tea!"

"You're welcome. Don't let Phil wreck my car."

"I'll try my best."
I slowly got up and followed Phil out the door and to the street where there were literally a hundred cars. They were everywhere. I'm glad I wasn't Zoë's neighbor because I would be pissed. We go into Meghan's car and as soon as he turned the key, the music came on and I almost died because it was so loud and I thought my head was going to explode. Phil quickly flipped it off and then started laughing.
"Is this your first hangover that you've ever had?"

I just stayed silent. I wasn't really embarrassed by not drinking before I just really didn't feel like talking to him. However, I guess my silence was enough of an answer. 

"Dude you need to come over and I'll show you a bunch of tricks for dealing with hangovers."

"Well I don't plan on having a lot more."
He shrugged and we started driving off. I guess I wasn't really paying attention on the way here but Zoë lived in a really nice area. Her house was out in the country and that's probably why it was so big, but the route back home was really scenic and quite beautiful. I was admiring the beauty and realized that Phil hadn't said a single thing the entire ride, which was weird because when he's not depressed, he's normally really chatty. Which either means he's depressed or something else is wrong.
I felt the car start to slow down and Phil pulled off the road and into this little area next to a really big forest.
"Is something wrong? Did the car break down?"

"No."

"No? Then why did we stop?"

"I, uh, wanted to tell you something."

"You stopped the car just to tell me something?"

"Yeah."

"Well, what is it?"
He sighed really loudly and then said
"I'm still in love with you."

A/N

It's over