Brady

-Dan's POV-

I sat in my seat excited to see Phil and talk to him again.
Dan
Calm down
Don't act clingy. He will know something is up and will probably get grossed out and stop talking to me. What if he doesn't want to talk to me at all today. What if-
My thoughts are interrupted by the screeching sound of the chair next to me. I look up startled and see phil sitting down.
I look over at him and our eyes meet.
"Oh my god phil!"
On the left side of his face was a giant bruise.
"Jesus man! What the hell happened!?"
"Oh that?" He laughs "Well who wouldn't guess that the amazing Phil Lester can't play basketball?"

"You got hit in the face with a
basketball?" I ask cautiously

"Yeah. Does it look bad?"

"Um yeah. It looks like you got mugged or something."

"Oh well it doesn't hurt that much. It's not that big of a deal." he leaned backed and acted disinterested. 

"Are you.. are you sure? It honestly looks like you might have something that is broken. Do you-"

"I said I'm fine!" He snapped

Dammit Dan what did I say about being to clingy. I need to stop being pushy. If he needed help he would have gotten it by now. I don't need to be interfering with his basketball issues.

I sit there staring at the wall until the bell rings. My eyes drift up to the front of the room and see that the teacher isn't there.
Great.
Whenever Mr. Hoggens is late, the rest of the kids think that they should have a party.
Brady in particular.
The classic jock bully on every high school show. I've seemed to avoid him for the most part, despite him being in most of my classes. He enjoys picking fights and creating conflict. And kids that cross him are blessed to walk out with only a couple of stitches. He was, however, untouchable. As the best player on the football team, the school needed him so any catastrophic event that he caused just resulted in a slap on the wrist. 
But today my good luck with Brady has seem to run out, as he feels the need to walk over and start picking on the new kid.
"Hey loser, first day and your already getting beat up? Such a shame it wasn't me." He puts on a fake frown before joining his friends in laughter.

"You're lucky it wasn't you." Phil says almost under his breathe.

Oh
Shit

He stops laughing and looks back to phil.
"What did you just say?"
Phil doesn't respond, but I lean over and try to grab his arm in an attempt to warn him.                    Brady leans in until he's about an inch away from Phil's his face.                                                        

"Look kid, I don't know who you think you are, but you can't just come in here, talk to me like that and expect nothing to happen. You need to learn what your ranking is here, and where it compares to mine. You don't know shit about this school." 

He gives a slight shoulder shove before turning and walking away. I've never really seen Brady walk away from a fight like that before, but he also has just gotten out of detention and probably wasn't looking to end up back in there. I was genuinely happy for the first time today because I wasn't going to see Phil get beat to a pulp.
However, Phil stands up from his chair and without hesitation, proceeds to call Brady a cunt.
The smile Is wiped from my face when I realize what exactly he just said to Brady. Standing up to Brady is quite possibly the stupidest thing he could have done, but honestly it's kinda hot. 

Brady turns back around with a smirk on his face.
"Wow kid, you're really asking for it."

They stand there for a moment. Everybody in the class is silent.
And then, Brady makes his move, but all he manages to punch, is air.
Phil had dodged his punch, and then out of nowhere comes Phil's fist. Brady takes a hard hit to the side of his head and everybody in the class gasps and moves at least two steps back from the fight, except me. My feet were planted, i couldn't move. I couldn't even believe what i was watching. Any friends I had had in the past were just as shy and timid as me, and it took me by surprise when I realized that I had befriended a person who was as headstrong and stubborn as Phil.  

Phil keeps dodging Brady's fists and he keeps getting hits in. It was almost like he had boxed before or something. however, Brady finally caught up to him and hit him square in the middle of the face. 
Phil stumbles back and blood starts slowly trickling from his nose.
But he honestly doesn't seem fazed by the hit at all, because he comes back ten times as strong and knocks Brady against a table.
I swear I heard something crack in Brady's back. Brady screams out in agony and slides down to the floor. Without hesitating, Phil kicks Brady in the side of the head. hard. I winced at the sight.
Brady laid in a pile on the floor, softly moaning in pain. Phil started backing up and lifting his leg up as if he was going to kick him in the head again.

"Somebody stop him!" Some girl in the back of the class screamed. All eyes fell on me since I was the one closest to the two. I wasn't fond of Brady, but I didn't plan on seeing somebodies face get kicked in today. I jumped in and grabbed Phil just as he was about to swing his leg. I pulled him back by his arm, but not a second after, he jerked it out of my hands. he threw me a menacing look and told me to "fuck off" before wiping his nose of the blood and walking out of the room leaving Brady almost dead, and me, speechless.