Finally

-Dan's POV-

"I said I'm fine!" Phil snaps back at me.
Okay dang. something has got him in a mood.

 I know I can be annoying but he has no reason to snap at me. I didn't feel like getting yelled at again, so I make an effort not to talk to him. I don't even say bye to him when we left first period. This was chaotic. I rejected him last night and now I've gone and made him even more mad at me. I did honestly like him, and I knew I had to try and do something about it.

I walk out of my last period and into the main hall. As soon as I step out of the class, I get caught in the current of people flooding out the front doors. Somehow, in all the chaos, I manage to see Phil wandering on the other side of the corridor. I try my best to maneuver my way through the crowd to him.
"Phil!" I raise my hand and wave it around to try and get his attention.
"Phil turn the hell around!"
I don't think he was ever going to hear me. I sigh in defeat and realize that I'll just have to text him later.

I make it out the front doors just in time to see Phil getting in his car. 

If I ever want to be more than friends with him then I'm going to have to do something about that. I have to talk to him, like tonight.

~~~

C'mon Dan! Pull it together!
I'm just an anxious prick. Just text him and ask him if I can come over so we can talk. What if I asked him out? I mean he clearly likes me, or he's just a whore. I'd never have the courage to ask him out though. But I need to at least need to try and fix our friendship.

Hey Phil, I'm sorry about today and I was just wondering if I could come over and talk to you?
4:57 pm

I guess. Give me like 2 hours. I'm at a friends house.
5:04 pm

Okay. You can text me when you are back home I guess. Thanks.
5:05 pm

normally I wouldn't text someone that I have a history like that with, but I'm desperate to rebuild our friendship, and maybe, make it something more. However, I can't believe Phil already has friends here. I've been here my whole life and I've had like two friends. I wonder if it's somebody he knew before he moved to my school. I realized that I hadn't even bothered to ask what school he came from. My best guess was the private prep school in our town since it's the only other high school, but Phil did not seem like the preppy type. Like at all. 

Hey. I'm home now if you still want to talk to me.
7:13 pm

Yeah. I'll be there soon.
7:13 pm

Okay I have to look presentable. I need to change my shirt, put on deodorant, Cologne, and I'm gonna brush my hair again.

I think about what I'm going to say to him while I'm in the car on the way to his house, but I realize that I have no idea what I'm going to say.
"Hey Phil I think you're funny and quirky and I really like you and I'm sorry that I rejected you yesterday and I want to date you."
No. That won't work. Do I even want to date him? Maybe I'm just overcompensating because I feel bad for bolting on him yesterday. I've never even been interested in a guy before how would I know if I want to date him. 
I can't just burst into his house screaming that I want to date him.
Maybe I'll just wing it.
I'm good at doing projects last minute. Maybe I'll just think of a cool clever one-liner to say to him when I'm in the moment.
Or maybe I'll freeze up and stop breathing and pass out.
I don't really fancy the latter. I guess I'll have to take my chances though, because I can see his house creeping into my view.

I pull into his drive way and check my hair in the window before I start the long unbearable trek to his front porch.
I reluctantly force my arm to raise up and knock on the door.
I wait for about a minute before I hear a click and the ginormous door creaks open. I'm caught up in the breathtaking-ness of the door that Phil's "Hey" catches me off guard.
"Um hi."

"Are you gonna come in or...?"

"Yeah.. I'll come in." I say awkwardly
"So what did you want to talk to me about?" He seemed stiff. Not himself. Like he was still mad at me or something.
"Um-" I try my best to find the words to say as he leads me into his room and closes the door.
"I don't know. I guess, just, everything."

"Meaning?"

"Maybe the fact that you kissed me yesterday." I say bluntly
He drops his gaze and looks at the floor.
"Yeah.. About that, I'm sorr-"

"Don't be." I move closer to him until we are only inches apart. I had no idea what I was doing or where this was going, but winging it seemed to be working so far.
"I'm the one who should be sorry. Because I think I liked it." I whisper
He takes a step back awkwardly and I bite my tongue. What the hell am I doing! I'm just gonna embarrass myself and Phil is never going to want to talk to me again.
"But you-you ran out afterwards and I thoug-"
I don't let him talk much longer because I silence him by placing my lips on his. I have no idea where all this courage came from and I'm not sure if I like it or not. I can tell Phil is still extremely tense and suddenly he pulls away.
"Dan.. I, I can't. You don't-"

I accept his warning by leaning in slower this time. Letting my face hover just inches away from his, hoping it'll help him relax. I finally move in for the kiss and he doesn't pull away this time, but he doesn't kiss back immediately. But when he finally does, I place my arms around his neck and link them together behind him as the kiss slowly becomes more passionate.
He places one hand on the back of my neck and uses the other one to sift through my hair.
This
This moment
This moment is what I've been waiting for my entire life. Even though it was perfect in every aspect I could feel Phil was holding back slightly. I don't think he would still be mad at me at this point. Maybe it was something else nagging at him, but I don't need to worry about that now. I need to enjoy the moment and his sweet taste.
Eventually I stop because I need to rest and regather some air.
I lean my forehead against his and smile while breathing heavily.
I pull my face away from his, which gets his attention and he looks up. I stare into his deep blue beautiful eyes and my insides just become mush. Then I remember the whole reason I came over here, to ask him a question. A very important question.
"So I guess maybe we could try this out again?"
He hesitates a moment before speaking.

"Yeah, I guess so."

A/N
Phil, you done fucked up. This chapter was fun. LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN IMPROVE ON!!! And what you liked. Comment and vote <3