What Was I Thinking

-Dan's POV-

I turned the corner to go to the bathrooms and almost run smack into a couple tonguing. 
Honestly I hated couples who do anything remotely couple-y in public. I think it's gross, like go trade saliva somewhere else.
As I started to walk past past them I heard something. It was the oddest thing that I recognized it, but I did. The small moans that must've been coming from the boys mouth sounded really familiar. Ha, they sounded like Phil's.
I slowed down a little and tried to get a good look at the guy to see if Phil had a brother or something. It might actually be a twin because it looked a lot like Phil.
It actually looked exactly like Phil.
I mean it's obviously not Phil but it looked so much like him I just had to see. 

"Phil?"
The boy jumped a little before panicking and pulling his lips from hers. He turned and faced me and, to my actual surprise, I was painfully right. it was Phil. He looked me in the eyes, and I saw his, and I knew. I knew that everything was a lie. I had been played. How could I have been so stupid Even though I had now realized that this was all a show, I couldn't help but cry. I actually thought I loved him. Guess I thought wrong.

"Dan.. It's not.. um I can explain.."
Isn't that what everybody says in the movies when they're caught cheating? Like, wow, how believable Phil.
I didn't know what to say. I mean I probably looked like a mess. First of all, I was wearing a T-shirt and sweats, and tears were starting to fill my eyes, prepared to spill over at any moment. And lemme tell you, when I cry, it isn't pretty. I was trying to stay calm and trying to steady my voice.
"What the fuck?" is the only thing I could manage to say. He reached out to me and I couldn't believe it. "Don't. We're done." I tried to give him a disgusted look but I'm sure it just came off as more upset mixed with the tears down my face. 

I don't even know if we were a thing in the first place. I mean, we were technically a thing in my opinion but it might've just been a joke for him.
I had no reason to still be here, and I looked homeless, so I just simply just turned around and walked right out the front doors. 
I kinda wish it was raining so I could dramatically run home with tears running down my face and thoughts of Phil in my mind, but it's not raining. So all those plans have been postponed until it actually starts raining.
I guess I was walking home. I didn't really want to go back home because I had been crying and my mom would ask why and it's embarrassing that I got played.
Well I guess my mom would have to find out sooner or later. It just sucks that literally three hours ago she walked in on us practically making out, then I walked in on him making out with somebody else.

I got home and walked in and my mom obviously had to be sitting at the table.

"Hey baby- are you crying?"
I decide that I shouldn't fight it. She my mom and I love her.
"Yeah, I was."

"Why?"
I sit down in the chair next to her and take a deep breath.
"Pretty much I found out that Phil was basically cheating on me."

"Well honey," she took a deep breathe in and thought for a moment about what she should say, "he doesn't deserve to be in your life, and if you haven't already ended your relationship with him, then you should. I'll kick his ass for you though."

"Yeah I already ended it and if I wanted to kick his ass, I would've. He's just a stereotypical slut. I don't even know why I got so worked up over it, I mean I haven't even known him for that long."

"It doesn't matter how long you've known them, people like him are good at playing people and getting them to fall in love fast. Trust me, he probably won't be the last whore you'll run into in your life, but I'll always be here for you when you find another one."
She gives me a weak smile before leaning over and hugging me.
"I won't make this conversation any longer than you want it to be, so if you're done you can just walk back into your room, but I'll always be out here for you."

"Thanks."
I stand up, push my chair in and walk back into my room.
I didn't know where I was supposed to go from here. What was I supposed to do? I didn't really have any friends to call. My eyes were tired and itchy from crying. Gross. Maybe I could take a nap and go back in time and never talk to Phil. I wish that more than anything right now. I know I'm still gonna be hung up over him for a while though. I wonder if he'll remember me? He did look a little hurt when I caught him with that girl, but that may just be a part of his act. I can't sit here and possibly think that he still loves me when he was just with some other girl.
Maybe I really do need a nap. Maybe my head will sort all of this out while I'm asleep.

bzzz bzzz bzzz bzzz
Ugh what the hell. Is someone calling me? I don't even know what time it is.
I reach over and pick up the phone. Unknown caller. Great, I love when random people call me and wake me up from my beauty naps. I put my phone back down and just stare at the ceiling, not putting in any effort to go back asleep.
bzzz bzzz bzzz bzzz
Jeez I must be pretty popular. I pick up my phone and look at the caller ID. It's the same damn unknown person that called me two minutes ago. I figured if they called me twice in that time span it was probably on purpose.
"Hello?" I said in a rather Grainy voice
"Um hi, is this Dan?"
I'm caught a little off guard. I don't know if it was by the fact that they knew who I was or by the fact that the girl.
"Yeah... Who is this?"

"Um I'm Meghan. You and Phil were pretty close though, right?" She was calling about Phil? Could this be that chick in the diner?
"Uh I guess we used to be"
I hear her take a big breath before speaking with her shaky, fragile voice.
"Um, the paramedics just took him off in an ambulance. He um... he's in pretty bad shape." 

"What happened?"

"He uh.. I don't know how to say this but I'm pretty sure he tried to kill himself."

A/N
Sorry for a really sucky chapter. Also I've read a lot of Dan and Phil fanfics where suicide and stuff happens in them but I swear, I started writing this before I read one where there was suicidal things and I wanted to write about that. So sorry if this is super close to other phan books you've read but I'm just following my original storyline. Ps thanks for so many reads:)