Zack

-Dan's POV-

First period was great. We sat in the back and goofed around the whole time. God, I loved that boy. The way his jet black hair fell over his icy blue eyes was unintentionally seductive. Yet another thing I loved about him. The way he could make my day by just smiling. It's hard to understand why somebody like him would ever hurt themselves on purpose. I was still trying to wrap my head around that. It boggled me. I'd heard of people self harming and people committing suicide before but I had personally never known any body who had problems with it. That was a serious issue. What was I supposed to do? I had to help him, but I didn't know how.
"Dan!"

I was snapped out of my thought and looked up.
"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Sorry."

"Okie dokie then."
Just then, the bell rang and we groggily got up and parted ways to our next class.

My next two classes sucked. I had biology and then journalism. I had lunch after that class.  We normally sat alone at our on table and just talked during lunch, which was fine with me.
After the bell rang I decided to go to the bathroom and make sure I looked somewhat acceptable. I walked in and checked under all the stalls.
Nobody.
I liked it better when I was alone. It was kinda awkward to sit there and brush and style my hair in the mirror when people were looking at me. I used my fingers to clean up a couple of tangles and used a little water to stick down some annoying baby hairs.
I'm studying and frowning at the bags under my eyes when I hear the creaking of the door behind me. I throw my hands down and pretend I was washing them. The person walked behind me and over to the other side of the counter. He stood still for a while before I decided to glance over. My eyes met his and I realize he had been staring at me. I tense up and search his eyes for his identity. They were a deep gray with a hint of baby blue. I noticed the small scar by his left eyebrow and immediately started to sweat. It was Zack. Zack Dubrei. He used to be part of the Brady squad until they had a "disagreement". He was the poster child for pretty boys. Everything on him was smooth and perfect except for his sharp jawline and the scar above his eye. He had gotten it last year during his and Brady's "disagreement". After that he just kinda went off on his own and created his own little group.
It felt like his eyes were burning a hole right through my skull, but I couldn't look away. I maintained eye contact and pleaded that he would say something.
"So, you're gay?" He flashes me a devilish smirk
"Um," He didn't even give me a chance to answer

"Well, you do know that God doesn't like gay people?"

"I wouldn't know. I'm not really religious."
He shakes his head a bit but doesn't say anything. I turn to leave knowing that this conversation couldn't be leading anywhere good. 
"Where do you think your going?"
He catches up to me and slams his hand against the door before I can open it.
"Look, I-"

"No, you look. This school is a pretty decent school and doesn't need trash like you and your newbie boyfriend running around in it."

"I don't have a boyfriend." I tensed up and wasn't sure what I should do. Technically, I really don't think me and Phil were official yet but who knows. It was my only excuse. 
"Nah that's bullshit. I don't care if ya'll are dating or just fuck buddies but I saw ya'll in the hall earlier. I suggest you two get a transfer to a fag school."
I didn't want to get into a fight but I really didn't feel like taking his shit. 
"Fuck off."
I shoved his hand off the door and started to open it but I didn't get very far. He placed his hand on the back of my head and slammed me into the door. I staggered back, disoriented. My head was spinning and my ears were ringing.
"Now who's tough?" He taunted

"Fuck you."

"You fucking bitch!"
He jumped on me and I went crashing onto the grimy bathroom floor, hitting my head on the urinal on the way down.
He laid a hard one on my right cheek before straddling me and continuing the beating. Every once in a while he would knee me in the stomach making me gag at the loss of air.
I start to worry about Phil. What if they are doing the the same thing to him right now? He can probably handle himself though. I suddenly start smiling and he pauses in confusion.
"You're pretty stupid."

"Yeah. And how's that?"

"Didn't you see what Phil did to Brady?"

"Phil? You honestly think he cares about you? You know what I've heard? That he's runnin around with some little girl that goes to the prep school. Benefits of knowing everyone."

"Well you've heard wrong."

"Yeah, and how would you know?" He pauses for a moment and I don't respond. I think about that girl he mentioned the other day. The one he looked so sad about leaving back at his old school. "That's what I thought. You're just a pawn in his little game and you're just too blind to see it."

"Get the fuck off of me you piece of shit!"

His nostrils flared and he became red in the face. I sat up and tried to push him off of me but he just slammed my head back into the hard tile. Today was not a good day for the well being of my brain. He continued to attack me while his vulgar words circulated through my head. I was focusing on a small jagged crack in the ceiling. I was thinking of happy things and trying to find my zen place. I didn't feel much of anything anymore because my face had become numb, so I didn't really notice when he had stopped. The second bell was ringing and I guess that's why he concluded his beating. He pulled himself off of me and then spit at my feet. He then proceeded to wash the tacky blood off of his hands. He looked back at me, smiled, and then just walked out of the bathroom like nothing had just happened.
I was paralyzed.
Too scared to move.
Too aggrieved to move.
Too lost.
Was Phil okay?
He was probably wondering where I was, if he was not in the same situation.
I move my eyes to the right and see my phone laying on the ground under the sink.
Typical.
I was in no shape to move. I felt so weak. Both mentally and physically. How could I just let him do that to me. I'm such and idiot. I had just stated that I wasn't the religious type but if there was ever a time to pray, it was now. I'm praying that they didn't do this to Phil, I'm praying that he'll find me, and I'm praying that Zack was lying about that that girl.