Chapter 3 - Dreamscape of Entwined Destinies

=====

~(3 months later)~

*Tap* *Tap* *Tap* *Tap* *Tap* *Tap*

Opening his eyes to the noises of steps, Ryo looked around and examined some of the doctors entering his ward.

Ryo looked at the doctors calmly, suppressing his instinctive anger. They wearing white suits as they entered the room where he was.

For past few weeks, these people had started to use some kind of solution to make Ryo become paralyzed as they used metallic claws and sharp objects to extract blood and do some stuff to his body.

He would have been okay if it was in his previous life as he had gone through proper torture resistance training to numb his nerves; but due to his new body, even the smallest of pain hurt-ed him like hell, especially when the curse multiplied the pain by several times.

Ryo's breathing became irregular as he saw how the doctors in front of him started to work over his body.

Ryo looked at Werner Franxx while his body twitched in pain, only to find him staring back at him, making him almost flinch in small shock, but suddenly the wave of calmness returned, making him relax and act like a baby.

Although he doesn't know whether his abnormalities and thoughts were noticed by Franxx or not, he has tried his best to act as a normal child; that is to act according to the thought and instincts of his Klaxosaur blood was telling him to do.

*Grrr* *Blub* *Blub* *Blub* *Blub*

Taking his instincts into consideration, he started to try to tense his muscles and make his breathing as violent as possible when he was in contact with the Magama using machinery. This was merely an act he had to put on the forefront to fool the doctor.

___

(-- Werner Franxx's POV --)

'Interesting! This is quite fascinating!!'

Looking at the test subject, Code 003, I felt an unknown excitement boiling inside me. For a few days, I was keenly observing all his actions, and astonishingly, I was able to see a ray of wisdom far ahead of that of a child inside his mind.

'This is terrifying. At such an age it is able to show signs of intelligence!? I don't know if it's for the good or bad for mankind...'

Although it was interesting, I was also terrified of its adaption. I don't know why but I still can't determine whether 001 can influence him mentally or not. If the child is just like the Queen... I don't know if it will bring doom to us or a blessing...

'He is showing aggressiveness to Humans, especially when we are using equipment fueled by Magma Energy. So he is indeed influenced biologically by his instincts... But there is surprisingly no major attack on the Plantation recently...'

Shaking the feeling of fear, I continue looking at it, 'What is the mystery behind his intellect? It is impossible to have intelligence at such a young age, but I can still see confusion and interest in his eyes when he sees new objects when presented. This means that although he is influenced by his instincts, he is not controlled by the Queen mentally.'

'So he is learning at a fast rate? That would be impossible as his brain should not have been this developed at such a young age... So was it his Genetic Irregularity? That explains... A reward after losing control of emotions. Quite fantastic!'