Chapter 26 - 'Higher' Level World? More like Higher Entertainment.

Just realized that we have reached a total word count is 115,000 for this Fanfic!!

Don't forget to give me a comment, reply, or power stone! They give me motivation!

Thank you!

-SR_2027.

=====

As the night passed, the information regarding the incident quickly spread across the whole town. Wanted posters with two posters were posted alongside the rebels of the empire, causing chaos in the town.

People started to stay in safer places when night came while many left for a safer place, leaving behind the town for their own safety.

The name of Shadow and his Aid, a girl, both clad in black clothes with white hair was spread across the whole town.

Rumors said that they were a small group of pairs who were very vicious and very bloodthirsty and that they killed everyone who came in their way.

They even killed the Imperial soldiers who tried to protect the citizens.

-

On the other part of the town, Sudou woke up the next and after preparing himself, he walked up to Ryo's room just as tried to knock, but before his back fist touched the door, the door opened as he was met with a surprised but smiling face, making him a bit surprised too.

Scratching his head in awkwardness, Sudou scratched his back head, "Haha. Good Morning, brother. Let's start our journey. I have some work in Imperial Capital, so the sooner we leave, the better."

This made Ryo smile and reply, "Sure. I was already prepared for the adventure. Hope we reach Imperial City as fast as we can. Haha.", Although the way Ryo said that, made Sudou feel a bit weird, even though he didn't put his finger at.

Shaking his head, he smiled and continued to prepare for their journey.

With that, they both soon got their luggage and found a carriage that was going towards the Imperial City. On their way to search, Sudou talked with the locals and got to know about the recent activities and was agitated with how a new group of rebels had emerged.

Dismissing the news, he shared the news with Ryo as they boarded the carriage and left the town.

As they were on their way, Sudou began to ask and share his stories of his home and hometown with Ryo to pass the time.

Learning how Sudou grew up in a small household with great dreams only to have them crushed by reality, Ryo felt amazed while on the other hand, Sudou learned how Ryo grew up in a distant village that was very prosperous but with the problem of Danger Beasts attaching the people, he decided to move out of his town.

On their way, they were attacked by a few low-grade danger beasts, that were no match to them, making their journey a piece of cake for them.

-

The very night that Ryo left with Sudou, the town which was in a tense internal situation faced a catastrophe.

<<People of Campbell. For long, we had lived in a world of fear and despair. But worry not for we have started our quest to defeat the evil. We are Shadows, we live in Shadow and hunt in Shadow.>>

All the inhabitants of the Campbell heard a huge voice whisper to them. For them, it felt as if they heard the voice just behind their ears, making many panics, but their panic was short-lived.

*BOOOM!*

The ground shook as a huge explosion in the dark of night illuminated the sky.