Chapter 29 - Unexpected Expected Situation

Sorry for the late release. My schedule just makes it too hard for me to get time to write the chapters.

Don't forget to give me a comment, reply, or power stone! They give me motivation!

Thank you!

-SR_2027.

=====

With a tired rub of his eyes, Ryo looked in the air for a few seconds in confusion, but shaking away all the negative feelings, he felt grim about how he had made Zero Two feel.

'Why the hell did I say that!? I... Why the hell would I do something so stupid that can lead to something so bad!? I really need to get back to her and let her know that although I loved 'Nana' previously, it was my previous life!'

'I need to let her know that I love her from my new start...'

As soon as these thoughts emerged in his mind, he paused. His eyes narrowed down, as he started to go through his memories, and finally reached a part of his memory labeled as 'Do Not Open'.

"Bruh. This... Why the hell there is another 'Ryo' doing the same thing as the [Ryo]? Does it run in our blood?", With a speechless face, he pinched the bridge of his nose, understanding what had happened.

At that point in time, things like memory manipulation, personality, and feelings manipulation wouldn't work on someone like him. It was clear.

With his evolution, he had transcended feelings and things like love and hate. It was child's play for him to figure out that someone manipulated his 'emotions'. And since the system cannot interfere with his growth, nor can a higher being, this leaves only one single possibility.

With a scowl, Ryo stormed out of the lab, walking toward the other part of their bunker, where Dr. Franxx and his lab were.

If he was right, then the key to his assumption would be in 'Franxx's Brain'.

Knowing full well, he entered Franxx's room he looked back at Ryo who walked into his lab and asked "Lord Shadow... How can I help you with?", With a smile, he asked.

There was no abnormality.

Ryo ignored his remarks and continued walking toward him emotionlessly, making Franxx's face turn into a bit of fear as his smile was wiped off his face.

'Oh~ Looks like I hit the mark.'

"Si-sir?", With each step he took, Franxx walked back, scared of the empty face that stared at him. It was as if he had seen through his whole existence. But he knew he couldn't escape Ryo.

As expected, his back hit the wall. By the time he could react, Ryo was already in front of him.

Grabbing Franxx by his neck, he instantly placed his palm over his head as he tore the top of his skull off, making Franxx moan in pain, as his head revealed his brain. Throwing off the torn-off skull part to the side, he examined the brain.

Pocking the brain a few times and stringing the neuron parts of the head, he finally found it, the thing he was looking for.

Tossing Franxx off to the side, Ryo examined a small golden pill-like structure. 'This ball has enough nutrition to be maintained for two weeks.', After examining the 'small ball', which contained a small part of second 'Ryo''s brain, he looked back at Franxx who was lying on the ground. 

Cowering in fear, he looked back at Ryo, making his face turn into a grin, "Oh my~ Are you scared of me? Let me guess what you are thinking, you are thinking 'What a fucking psycho?', right?"

Grabbing Franxx by his coat, he pulled him toward his face, looked into the eyes that revealed true horror, and joked, "Stop it~ You know how it ends!", his eyes narrowed as he joked. "Who told you to inject my DNA strand into yours and try to?"