Chapter 6 - There can never be a true 'Happy' Happy Ending

Don't forget to give me a comment, reply, or power stone! They give me motivation!

===

~(-- 2 Years Later --)~

"Ryo! Ryo!"

Ryo slowly woke up from the sudden shaking he was feeling. Opening up his eyes, he looked up to Zero Two who had her face just a few inches away from his own.

'*Sigh~* Not again... I have been teaching her but she didn't learn anything. It is getting hard to control her, but I can let it slide for now. Well, I think today also marks the 5th Year of my being born in this world. I am now 5 years old today...'

"Good Morening!"

"Good Morning, Zero Two. It's not 'Good Morening'. See..."

Shaking his face mentally, Ryo grumbled and slowly pushed Zero two away gently and stood up from the floor. The only problem was that they were still chained. 'This is getting annoying.'

Due to the instinctive responses, Zero Two once got a bite of a normal 'Adult' on one occasion, and here they were now, chained to the wall of their 'Kinder House'.

This happened because of the carelessness of a worker. Due to underestimating the agility of Zero Two, he tried to take Zero Two for the experiments, only to get hopped on and get his throat bitten off by Zero Two.

'Quite a good instinct. Going directly for the throat. This could have been deadly even for these fake immortals but they were wearing strengthened clothes.' Ryo clearly remembered the incident that happened.

Stretching up and tiding his hair, Ryo smiled as he looked toward Zero Two who was standing by him and mimicking him. 'Quite a fast learner', with that thought, he called out, "Zero Two."

Slightly tilting her head to her side, Zero Two replied, "Who happened Ryo?"

With a small false chuckle, Ryo responded, "It's not 'Who happened Ryo'. It's 'What happened Ryo?' Repeat it."

Yes, he has been training Zero to talk in a unique language that he had once learned in his previous life. Although it was very hard to learn for first-timers, Ryo was sure that it would take at least several years to decode the language he was talking about.

Even with the current equipment, he was sure that it would at least take one year if their technological level was much higher than his initial thoughts. The language he was teaching Zero Two was just that complex.

With a lot of characters and differing meanings behind some words, it used to be one of the hardest languages there during the years of his previous years. The main advantage that they both had was that they were able to 'instinctively' understand what each other is

While they might be trying to decode the language, he too was on the verge of breaking the language used by the 'Adults' living in this world. He just needs a few more months to decode the language and learn how to speak, write, and understand it.

"Huff! Huff! Bad Ryo! Hate! Hate Learn!"

Fanning her hands, Zero two puffed her face and made unsatisfactory sounds, showing her dissatisfaction with Ryo.

'Cute, but this won't work for me.'

Looking back at Zero Two, with a huffing sound, Ryo responded, "If Zero Two won't follow, I won't talk to her.", threatening her with the only thing that was keeping her sane, Ryo started to think about other ways that he can use to make Zero Two follow his command and do whatever he wants in future.

Zero Two needed to follow all the arrangements he had made up for his future. It would otherwise go haywire. 'I can't let her have her own independent thoughts and feelings.'