Chapter 23 - Past & Present

Important but semi-filler chapter. Later part of the chap is the main plot point to remove all the confusion of the confusing plot that 'RYO' had cooked up.

Don't forget to give me a comment, reply, or power stone! They give me motivation!

Thank you!

-SR_2027.

=====

---(Ryo POV)---

How many years has it been since I ever truly felt something... It had been several years or around 26 years to be exact...

The first time I felt anything was not anything good like 'happiness', but it was utter true fear.

I felt it when I shouldn't have been able to understand the 'emotional' spectrum. It was weird. So weird that when I was born, I felt clouded in fear.

I clearly remember how I was born.

I clearly remember the feeling of being squeezed out of my mother's womb. The feeling of being squeezed, the feeling of my lungs expanding for the very first time as well as the big slap I got on my butt, caused me intense pain.

While I was crying, I sensed the vibration in the air. I clearly remembered the smell of disinfection as well as pollution in the air. It was truly an amazing feeling for me, who was just born just seconds ago.

I knew for sure that I shouldn't have been feeling this type of feeling. It was unnatural. I didn't know about it for a short while, but I was born with superpowers.

I clearly remembered that as soon as I came to be, the world started to wail, as an unnatural rain poured for a few days straight, almost flooding the city.

Thankfully my family was rich enough to be able to move out of the city.

That was the best as well as the worst decision they could have made.

The world I was born in was not normal.

I was born in the Year 2027, the same year as the start of World War 3, because of some special element that was discovered on the Moon by some countries.

The element, called Tesserinium was able to transform any normal humans into mutants!

This caused a huge war which continued till the Year 2031. During this, my parents were caught in the crossfire.

I clearly remembered the fact that they made it as they tried to protect me with their body when a small explosion almost killed me.

Looking down at their crying face, I felt utter fear and despair for the second time in my life. My ears buzzed as my mind was going round in confusion and only one thought covered my mind.

[I need to be strongest to survive.]

Sadly, I was not strong. Fate had something else in its mind for me.

I didn't cry that day. I just stared at my parents' bodies as tears almost flowed down my face. It was as if I knew that if I did stop, I would change. I knew what was going to happen and I wanted to resist it.

The very next day, a rescue party found me, and I was sent to a medical camp where 'doctors' started to take my blood. After taking my blood, they sent me back to a room filled with many people like me.

The look that they gave me as if I was their competition in getting rations and supplies made me so scared that... even when I tried my best to resist... But I finally gave in as I cried that day.

[ That was the day when [Ryo] Died. ]

I cried for so long that day as I knew for sure that as soon as I stopped crying, 'I' would die. Not physically... But I somehow knew that the moment I stop crying, I will [Learn] how to adapt to the situation. I knew that I would turn into someone else. [I] as my identity will die.