Chapter 30 - Calm before the Storm

Don't forget to give me a comment, reply, or power stone! They give me motivation!

Thank you!

-SR_2027.

=====

Rurik only wanted the best outcome he could get out of the current situation he was in.

Ryo took a deep breath as he continued, "We cannot let ourselves be mere pawns in their game any longer. The Empire needs to be freed from the grip of corruption and injustice. We have the power to change its course, to restore balance and fairness. And..."

With a serious look on his face, he placed his hands over the table as he said, "I need your help. Please."

-

Wave's fists clenched, his voice filled with determination. "You're right, Sir, Omega. We cannot stand idly by and let the nobles continue to manipulate the Empire for their own gain. We must expose their crimes, bring them to justice, and rebuild a nation that truly serves its people."

Seryuu followed and nodded in agreement. "My father fought for justice, and I will honor his memory by doing the same. No longer will I blindly follow the nobles' orders. As long as you prove to me that the Empire is corrupted, I will fight for the innocent, for those who have suffered at the hands of their cruelty."

Rurik, though still processing everything, knew that aligning himself with Ryo was the only best option, at the moment. At least for now. If he decided to walk away, he was sure that he would be killed the very second he set foot out of the room.

"I've seen enough of the Empire's corruption firsthand. It's time for a change, and if that means risking everything, so be it. I will stand by your side, Lord Shadow."

Ryo smiled, as they observed a 'glimmer of hope' in his eyes. "Thank you, all of you. Together, we will challenge the status quo, expose the truth, and bring about a revolution that will shake the very foundations of this Empire."

"I know that you want me to prove the guilt and corruption of the Empire, but please, I have a very serious series of tasks for you guys.", Ryo said as he spread out the map of the Empire, showing the whole area covering the Empire.

"Wave, Seryuu, Rurik, I will be giving you each an important task which is of great importance. Wave, I want you to go to this place on the Empire's outskirts. I want you to find former Prime Minister Chouri and give him this letter."

Ryo took out a page a page that he had prepared several weeks ago as he was planning to rope out the guy. This information contained confidential information that only the people very close to the Imperial Family knew.

Ryo bought that information in exchange for 1000 UPs.

"And I want you to use your Imperial Arms to reach this place as soon as possible. I am very much positive that the Empire will be sending various experienced warriors to kill Prime Minister Chouri."

Saying that Ryo stamped wax to close the letter and slipped the letter to Wave, who gave it to him. Wave nodded seriously and securely placed it in his inner coat.

Ryo then looked at Rurik and said, "Rurik, I want you to lead a group of our armed forces to the West of the Empire and get into contact with the leader of the Path of Peace and give him this letter."

Rubbing his chin, Ryo continued, "Most of us can complete the task in a few days, going too quick with Path of Peace might put us at a setback."

Ryo was an entity out of the parameters of time and space of the world he was in, if one could say, he could as well be considered an 'anomaly', something whose presence caused damage to time and space itself.