Chapter 5 - Stella

Hey! Don't forget to give me a comment, reply, or power stone! They give me motivation!

=====

Ryo quickly looked up to the place from where the opening sound came and became alert... or tried to act alert. He knew that it would be the caretaker that might be assigned to both of them.

Surely, just as Ryo had expected, the leather-coated metallic door opened. Ryo watched as an old woman, probably around the age of 60 years or so old entered the room. She had dark greyish hair and brown eyes.

In her hands, she was carrying two strange white plates which were probably made up of some kind of biodegradable stuff to make it safe if consumed by certain 'someone-s' in the room.

The old lady was wearing an eye covering which hid her upper face. The mask she was wearing was white on the edges while blue and yellow were in the middle parts. From his observation, Ryo saw that the material which the mask was made up of was a cloth, making him surprised as it was very hard and costly to produce such a mask.

Then again he remembered that this technological era, which he was in was a lot far compared to his previous world.

This also made him remember that although the woman in front of him might look 60 or so years old, she might actually be a lot older than she looks because of the biological alteration she might have gone through.

As soon as the old lady entered the room, a delicious aroma spread up the whole room, making Ryo's stomach grumble more, much to Ryo's discomfort.

Listening to Ryo's stomach grumble, the old lady tried to approach him, making him act surprised and making a hissing sound as if he was trying to show that he was not someone she should mess with.

The old lady was not surprised by Ryo's actions, after all, she knew that the children in the room had just experienced a lot of pain. With a bit of hesitation, she kneeled a bit away from Ryo and Zero, placed the plates on the floor, and sat there like a statue, observing their every move with interest and... love?

Ryo felt a bit confused by the situation. He was good at reading people and noted that he had a ton of experience reading emotions. It was easy for him to see through the emotions of most.

Although he knew that the old lady in from of him was looking at them lovingly, he couldn't say for sure how she was seeing them. As a child or as a pet? It was unknown to him. Those were some of the possibilities he conjured up. The only thing that was sure was that she somehow 'cared' for them.

'It's a bit confusing. Why does she care for us? This might be also the reason why she was transferred in the later part of Zero Two's life. Or was it because she was someone sadistic and would possibly show her 'love' in her own way...'

But as she lowered, Ryo saw a piece of key information. The lady was wearing a silver bracelet on her wrists, and on that silver-ish bracelet, a name was written in some sort of code if he was correct.

Although the language was different compared to the ones he knew of, the numbering system was the same.

Showing a wary face, he looked at Zero Two who was now looking at the food as saliva dropped on the floor, and felt a bit uncomfortable. 'Well here goes nothing. I need nutrition for growth. My action will then make Zero Two follow my actions which will build our trust.'

Acting a bit repulsive, Ryo looked over to the food plate. On the food tray, the food was placed in the form of a semi-liquid cylindrical form in green color. It seemed almost squishy, making Ryo more uncomfortable.

'Don't they know anything about hygiene? But now looking back, the room might also be made out of biodegradable stuff which can be edible. The only thing that is repulsive for me is the dirt on our body, but our body is also much more immune to the normal stuff compared to humans for sure.'