Chapter 34 - Nidhoggr

I have been too busy with my classes and exams, so I will be releasing the chapters leisurely. The releases will be rare for now, due to studies.

Don't forget to give me a comment, reply, or power stone! They give me motivation!

Thank you!

-SR_2027.

=====

"Reaching YYY Rank is easy, but let me tell you this. It is impossible to surpass it. Currently, I am at Y-Rank even with my power being half; and even when I was at my peak, I was at max YYY-Rank, just like you."

Turning her eyes to Ryo, 'she' smiled at him and continued, "You have the potential to reach the same rank as me at the peak of your life...", but as she said that, Ryo narrowed his eyes in confusion.

'Y rank? YY Rank? I only know E to Ex rank... Looks like there are more rank higher than Ex...'

As if understanding his confusion, 'Reality' smiled, and grabbed his arm forcefully as she stared directly into Ryo's eyes with her 'empty' emotionless eyes as 'she' continued, "Let me tell you what rank represents what... And what your potential is capable of..."

.

.

.

World Tree.

A 'mythological tree'. A 'tree' was the first 'object' that gave birth to concepts of time, space, and 'parallels'. An entity that was brought to reality after the infinite emptiness within reality. But there was a creature which crewed on its root.

.

.

.

"S-Save ME! OH, GOD!! SAVE ME!!!!"

"NOO!"

"I WAS NOT LYING-AGHH!!"

This was no realm of the living, no echo of the world Ryo once knew.

This was hell.

Looking at the scene in front of him, Ryo felt his eyebrows twitch. He was not scared, no, instead he wanted to see if he could feel extreme pain, to try to find pleasure in it.

Even though he used to imitate his emotions, and only adapted to feel emotions in the final part of his life, he wondered how many emotions he could express if he walked out of the blue spherical shield that was keeping his body safe.

"Don't even think about it. We have already made a deal.", A sweet yet cold voice interrupted his thoughts, which he ignored.

'Huh.', Shaking his head, he looked around. He was after all, inside a spherical structure that was protecting him from the toxic winds of the dimension they were in.

A dimension filled with despair.